• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
Aloft by Chang-Rae Lee
A Home at the End of the World by Michael Cunningham
Bullfinch's Mythology edited and with a commentary by Richard Martin

Selected Poems - William Carlos Williams, ed Charles Tomlinson

The Best of It, New and Selected Poems - Kay Ryan

I went holiday shopping for everyone else, but I somehow ended up with a ton of great books.....:whistling:

David Baldacci; True Blue
John C. Maxwell; The 21 Indespensable Qualities of a leader
Charles Lewis; The Buying of the President 2000
Pat Riley; The Winner Within
Robert Fulghum; Maybe(Maybe not)
Geoffrey C. Ward; A first class temperament
Michael Moore; Downsize this!
Tennessee Williams; A streetcar named desire

I just returned from the thrift store. I purchased the following for less than 5 bucks!

The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
The Girls by Lori Lansens
The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf

Beyond Belief: The Secret Gospel of Thomas by Elaine Pagels (non-fiction)

__

That was a pretty good book. The only thing I didn't like was how Moran handled the relationship between Selene and Juba.

Thanks Fantasy Moon, I have not followed my curiosity regarding Cleopatra's children before now. Can you recommend another along those lines?

Collected Poems 1947-1997 by Allen Ginsberg. A very thick book. He wrote much more poetry than I ever realized.

The Terminal Spy - Alan S. Cowell. The story of the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko by polonium poisoning in London.

How is the homework coming Carlos?:)

I commend you for tackling this if you haven't understood it before. I have known people who could never understand algebraic concepts until they were adults. Perhaps the mind had to "gel" or something. Math is one of my favorite subjects to teach, my students enjoy it because its like solving a riddle or puzzle.

SFG75: I am horrific; and I mean HORRIFIC when it comes to math. I read a lot of science and I see that having a good grasp of mathematics is key to learning certain concepts. I am determined to learn as much as possible about math in the coming months. In high school I only reached the level of Geometry. That's pretty poor. Hence, I am now starting to teach myself math. My attitude is positive and I know I can achieve some level of comprehension.

I am a right-brain dominate person so math is abstract and complex for me. Nonetheless I am now determine to tackle the subject head-on. I WILL succeed!

Back