• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

The Terminal Spy - Alan S. Cowell. The story of the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko by polonium poisoning in London.

Let me know what you think of this one.

Will do, Sparky,
I haven't gotten into it yet, but it looks like a substantial book -- 432 pages, by Doubleday, written by a creditable journalist. and nicely printed.

From the back jacket: "Alan S. Cowell was the London bureau chief of the New York Times when the events narrated in this book reached their climax. Previously Cowell served as a correspondent for Reuters and The New York Times in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He has been based in twelve capitals and reported news from around ninety countries and territiories."

I expect a respectable and detailed job of investigative reporting -- and hopefully all the news that will fit to print. :innocent:

Will post further when I have gotten through it.

Potshot - Robert Parker

Rainmaker - John Grisham

Without Fail - Lee child

Approaching Literature - Peter Schackel, Jack Ridl

The Yahoo Style Guide - Chris Barr and Senior Editors of Yahoo!

The Millennium Trilogy, by Stieg Larsson.

I read the Trilogy about a year ago. The first hundred pages or so of the first one were a little dense and a little confusing for me, but well worth getting through to get to the meat of the story, and for me at least, the second and third were amazing.

Boy, it's been quite a long time since I have read a series. I might start the John Updike Rabbit books (maybe) ASAP.

I read the Trilogy about a year ago. The first hundred pages or so of the first one were a little dense and a little confusing for me, but well worth getting through to get to the meat of the story, and for me at least, the second and third were amazing.

I've been reading amazing reviews about them so I couldn't resist getting the box with all the books... They're going to the top of the TBR pile!

Landslide,
I've seen the boxed set, and it's really nice. One set I saw had a slim book added to it just about Larsson, but some don't have that extra book, did yours?

I'd like to purchase it, but since I already have the UK trade paperbacks, and the US hardbacks, I don't quite have the nerve to buy another set..... :blush:

Landslide,
I've seen the boxed set, and it's really nice. One set I saw had a slim book added to it just about Larsson, but some don't have that extra book, did yours?

I'd like to purchase it, but since I already have the UK trade paperbacks, and the US hardbacks, I don't quite have the nerve to buy another set..... :blush:
:lol: Nope, mine just has the 3 books. I haven't seen that edition with the extra book in Portugal. But the store I got them from did offer me 3 magnetic bookmarks that are very cool! :D

Borrowed from the library:
The Song of Troy - Colleen McCullough
My Swordhand is Singing - Marcus Sedgwick
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos - R.L. LaFevers
The Children of Hurin - J.R.R. Tolkien (audiobook)
The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis (audiobook)

I'm in the mood for books about the Trojan War.

Beckett's Books - Matthew Feldman. "A cultural history of Samuel Beckett's 'Interwar Notes.'

Every bit helps. :cool:

A welcome gift.

Paris Under Water - Jeffrey H. Jackson. "How the City of Light survived the great flood of 1910."

I just braved the boxing day crowds to spend my Chrissy gift voucher - I bought Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and the first book of the Harry Potter series.

I haven't yet read any of the Potter books so I figured I was ready to get taken away on a series journey :p

Crimbo pressies including Secret Santa's:

Sunwing by Kenneth Oppel
Snow Dog by Jim Kjelgaard
Bearers Of The Black Staff by Terry Brooks
Heartstone by C.J Sansom

Gonna check out the sales tomorrow. :)

I have this on order, I believe it's coming out in the U.S. early February. Great series.

Arrived in the mail today.....

Atlantic by Simon Winchester

Ooooh! Atlantic sounds like something Mr.Abc and I would like as well. Excuse me while I whoosh over to the interlibrary loan site!

Back