• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton, and halfway through it already. Nice POV and excellent suspense. I recently read her book Sister, and while it may take a little bit to get into her style of writing, its well worth trying.

Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time v.1: Swann's Way

Vassiliki Kolocotroni, Jane Goldman, Olga Taxidou, Modernism: An Anthology

University has started. Reading all of In Search of Lost Time this semester. I'm going to be busy.

The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco
Shadows in the Mist - Brian Moreland
London Revenant - Conrad Williams
Supernatural: Night Terrors - John Passarella
Tomes of the Dead Vol 2: Abaddon Books
The Iliad - Homer

Banquet for the Damned by Adam L. G. Nevill. Really looking forward to starting this book. I wish I had one of those sound machine's with a "stormy night" setting or a "by the pricking of my thumbs" setting. =o)

Marcel Proust, Within a Budding Grove; The Guermantes Way; Sodom and Gomorrah; The Captive & The Fugitive; Time Regained (i.e. Volumes 2-6 of In Search of Lost Time)

Franz Kafka, The Complete Short Stories.

Worm by Mark Bowden. The Conficker worm is apparently still alive and well, and a growing threat. The criminals in charge are seemingly not interested in any ordinary(!) shenanigans, like massivve denial of service attacks, or even shutting down the entire Internet, or attacking military defense systems. No, they seem to have a more mundane goal, thievery, like stealing money from whatever accounts they can break into. Like mine and yours, (but I would assume preferably much larger :) ) if our machines become infected. Anyway here's an especially informative book review from NPR, together with a way to test your machine:

Conficker Worm book review

The Great Enigma: New Collected Poems - Tomas Transtromer, Robin Fulton
Coming to a mailbox near me.

Back