• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

MonkeyCatcher said:
I also added Communion by Whitley Strieber to my list of purchases today.:D

Don't read it! Or, if you do, don't read it alone. Or, if you must, please, I beg you, not in the dark alone.

Only read it with one eye open. Keep the other eye firmly closed. But be ready to run. Or to not move a muscle, maybe.

You've been warned.

:eek:

(I'd rather read The Collector again -- and it's scary!)

Ronny said:
I stopped by a new used book store and bought, the Poisonwood Bible by Barabara Kingsolver, the Key to Rebecca by Ken Follett, Corelli's Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres, $2 per, not bad and a collection of Best Loved Poems for .50.

My very nice MIL bought me my own copy of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell :)

That's because you are such a tweet lil' angel!

:)

StillILearn said:
Don't read it! Or, if you do, don't read it alone. Or, if you must, please, I beg you, not in the dark alone.

Only read it with one eye open. Keep the other eye firmly closed. But be ready to run. Or to not move a muscle, maybe.

You've been warned.

:eek:

(I'd rather read The Collector again -- and it's scary!)
Haha :D I specifically put it on my TBR list because I heard it was really scary, so I'm glad that it provoked this kind of reaction.

Took the b-day gift certificates shopping this afternoon.
Mr. China -- Tim Clissold
A Long Way Down -- Nick Hornby
Haunted -- Chuck Palahniuk
100 Years of Solitude -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Plus a stop at the library. The stack is high. Feels good.

I have recently found bargins in the form of, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Labyrinth by Kate Mosse, The Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, The eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King and Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen Donaldson.

Quite a lot to get through :D

I really enjoyed 'The Time Traveler's Wife' Audrey Niffenegger

Have just Bought 'a Short History of Tractors in the Ukrainian'
Looks to be a good one :) can't wait to start it.

I've just purchased John Lukacs' Democracy and Populism because several people I know are reading it and going to be discussing it. It is an easy read so far; I am half way through it over two extended cups of coffee (130 out of 240 pages). The blurb says "it corrects many misconceptions about the receent past and deals commandingly with this country's zeal to implant our freedoms abroad." 'Our' meaning US of course. One of the reasons it reads so fast is because Lukacs paints with very large sweeps of a very broad brush, with not many facts to impede the flow. So i'm waing to see how this massive collection of opinions-as-history turns out. It didn't help that right at the outset his definition of 'populism' was different than mine (and wikipedia's). :eek:
Peder

The Lovely Bones is a great book. i read it when i was 13 or 14.. i was actually tempted to buy it so i can read it again.. i might just end up taking it out of the library or something..

ahhh i wanna read middlesex. virgin suicides wasn't as good as i thought it'd be though.. it was great at some points, but kind of lagged at other times... im hoping [insert authors name which i can't spell] did a better job at this book.

i considered taking it out of the library last time i was there, but the extra.. language? didn't appeal to me.. one of these days.. one of these days..

WoundedThorns said:
i considered taking it out of the library last time i was there, but the extra.. language? didn't appeal to me..

What extra language? It's a great book, and certainly worth reading.

JMS said:
'A Million Little Pieces' by James Frey's :eek:
'Gods in Alabama' by Joshilyn Jackson

Please let us know what you think of Gods in Alabama. It is on my list to get to one of these days. Also, what is A Million Little Pieces about? I don't recognize the title. Enjoy!

Today I purchased:

Magician by Raymond E Feist
The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory

I've been wanting both of them for awhile now, so very excited about these purchases.

Arrived in the post today,
The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber
A Study in Scarlet/The hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Back