• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I just placed an order (thru TBF) with Amazon.com for:

The Widow's War : A Novel - Sally Gunning ....for my wife

The Rebels Of Ireland: The Dublin Saga - Edward Rutherfurd....for me

I just received Zorro Unmasked, The Official History by Sandra Curtis/ It covers all the incarnations of The Masked Avenger....:D
Great stills of Fairbanks and Guy Williams et als.

Slow reader

I'm a slow reader so I've only purchased one book in the last few weeks:

Nobble Hospital of the Aegean by Paul Judges - a story set on a small Greek island.

This novel is turning out to be something special...........I think I'll actually finish and enjoy it !

:)

whitecliffs said:
I'm a slow reader so I've only purchased one book in the last few weeks:

Nobble Hospital of the Aegean by Paul Judges - a story set on a small Greek island.

This novel is turning out to be something special...........I think I'll actually finish and enjoy it !

:)

One book at a time is a great plan! Welcome to TBF. Hopefully we can help you find more great books to read.

muggle said:
I just placed an order (thru TBF) with Amazon.com for:

The Widow's War : A Novel - Sally Gunning ....for my wife

The Rebels Of Ireland: The Dublin Saga - Edward Rutherfurd....for me
Today I bought, at B&N, Travels With Charley by Steinbeck to hold me over until I get the Rutherfurd book which will hold me for a long time as it is 896 pages long.

Stewart said:
I'm trying to be completist with certain authors. Ishiguro is complete.

Steinbeck, Nabokov, Hemingway, Yates, Fante; and then I'll see where I go from there. Although, of course, I don't exclusively buy them.

Should have used eBay; some are selling for less than C$6 here.

I probably should have, but I don't have a credit card to verify my paypal account.

I've just received 'The Universe in a Single Atom' by the Dalai Lama. I've enjoyed documentaries based on the plight of the Tibetans and have been interested in the Dalai Lama's philosophical views on life. Plus he has a great smile:)

Breaca said:
I've just received 'The Universe in a Single Atom' by the Dalai Lama. I've enjoyed documentaries based on the plight of the Tibetans and have been interested in the Dalai Lama's philosophical views on life. Plus he has a great smile:)

I'm with you, Breaca. I adore that man. Just looking at a photo of his face makes me feel optimistic about humankind in general. I'll be keeping my eye out for that book.

I just ordered:

WEIRD CALIFORNIA: Your Travel Guide to California's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets. (I have a friend who is featured in it.)

link

I've just ordered:
Glory - Vladimir Nabokov
Pale Fire - Vladimir Nabokov
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Saturday - Ian McEwan (because my copy has been stolen!)
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The New York Trilogy: "City of Glass", "Ghosts" and "Locked Room" - Paul Auster
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]When We Were Orphans - Kazuo Ishiguro
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]An Artist of the Floating World - Kazuo Ishiguro
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Little Friend - Donna Tartt (because my copy of this has been stolen too)
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova

And I forgot Oryx and Crake, so will have to go back to get it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]​

The Family by Mario Puzo
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

Both were marked at $2 since the book sale store was getting ready to close this weekend. I am pleased with my purchases, but I have many books from the library checked out so it might be a spell before I can get around to reading my latest acquisitions.

Back