• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

MonkeyCatcher said:
I purchased The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne yesterday from a church sale. Only 20 cents :)

hah, i'd say that book is only worth 20 cents.. i just didn't like it. i liked the story, but couldn't stand the style of writing. just my opinion

The Holy Bible By King James ;) Cost me just a few bucks for a printing that was easy to read and hold. I picked this up because of it's influence over so much of literature it's worth having to refer to in context. The footnotes in The Brothers Karamazov, my current read, are frequently pointing to Matthew this or Matthew that.

D.H Lawrence - Women in Love
Falkner - Moonfleet
Joyce - Dubliners

I have once again managed to find a great bargain on eBay. Gotta love it :p

Oryx and Crake by Atwood
Reading Lolita in Tehran
The Bookseller of Kabul
A swallows of Kabul
Mirror, Mirror

Sorry, I'm bad with Author names.

A cookbook. Michael Smith's Chef at Home. He's my favourite from The Food Network. (CDN food station). I also picked up a Penguin Classic printing of a few Jack London stories. The Call of the Wild, White Fang, Batard and Love of Life in a decent looking trade paperback.

I bought
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: Mark Haddon
The Historian Elizabeth Kostova
Small Island Andrea Levy
And three Ian Rankin “Rebus” books for my husband. :)

The Railway Children by Nesbit (eBay)
Little Lord Fauntleroy by Burnett (eBay)
A Song for Arbonne by Kay (eBay)
The Summer Tree by Kay (eBay)
The Lions od Al-Rassan by Kay (eBay)

Love by Morrison (sale at airport)
Oryx and Crake by Atwood (sale at airport)

Digital Fortress & Deception Point by Dan Brown. The best thing about it is that I paid only 50 cents for both books! :D

With my book vouchers I purchased:

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Drums of Autumn (Outlander Book 4) by Diana Gabaldon
My Story (includes A Child Called 'It', The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave) by Dave Pelzer

I've got a whole lot more reading to do :D

The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. I've read it twice before, but want to read it again before tackling Black House.

MonkeyCatcher said:
With my book vouchers I purchased:

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

I've got a whole lot more reading to do :D

You didn't own the copy you read recently?

Back