• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Heya Sergo! Writing a book? Wow! You were already one of the busiest guys on the planet..Glad you're doing great though. Take care, and I'll be looking forward to reading your book one day. If you write it, I will read it...provided there's a decoder ring attached, of course;)

Thanks for remembering me, Dear Abecedearian.
Actually, I do not read much these days: I am writing a book, so no time for reading...
But maybe I will find a minute now and then to come here.
(Thanks, Kenny)

Marthellen and the Major and Roberta and the Renegade are my recent purchases. I traded for them. I recently found the neatest site called paperbackswap. You trade books for postage only. When I logged on I put 10 books in the system and got two free credits. One book one credit order the book and the swapper sends you the book at their expense. When someone orders one of your books you send it at your expense. Really cool. These books I ordered are books some of my patrons have been asking for and I couldn't find so I'm tickled. Check it out.:D

Have a Great day

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Owen_meany.jpg

Live from Golgotha and Myra Breckinridge and Myron, both by Gore Vidal.

Can't particularly work out why I wanted to try Vidal, but I did, and these two appealed. They should land on my doormat from Amazon tomorrow.

The Body in the Ivy and The Body in the Kelp - both by Katherine Hall Page

Also got a few books as gifts...hope to be done with Christmas/birthday shopping within the next 2-3 weeks.

Just ordered – Owning Up: the trilogy by George Melly.

The first three volumes of autobiography from the late great bohemian jazz singer.

There's some serious reading being planned for the Christmas holiday.

• You Shall Know Our Velocity, Dave Eggers
  • The Lonely Passion Of Judith Hearne, Brian Moore
  • Last Stop Salina Cruz, David Lalé

The Tenants Of Moonbloom, Edward Lewis Wallant

wallant-tenants-moonbloom.gif

Just one of those serendipitous finds whilst browsing the book store. Being called a 'neglected masterpiece of 1960s America' was what sealed the decision to buy.

• The Act Of Roger Murgatroyd, Gilbert Adair
  • The Diary Of A Rapist, Evan S. Connell
  • The Pilgrim Hawk: A Love Story, Glenway Wescott

Just in from the library:

Bitter Herbs:A Little Chronicle-Marga Minco (Netherlands)

Azerbaijan: A Quest For Identity: A Short History-Charles van der Leeuw

Back