• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

• The Sorrow Of War, Bảo Ninh
  • Jamilia, Chingiz Aïtmatov
  • The Ministry Of Pain, Dubravka Ugresic
  • Inés Of My Soul, Isabel Allende
  • Valerie And Her Week Of Wonders, Vítězslav Nezval

Most recently purchased

I have been actively building my library so have purchased over a hundred books in the last few months. I enjoy owning books signed by the author and beautifully bound books. My most recent purchases havebeen:

Fitzgerald - a complete set of leather Easton Press books

Astounding Stories - short stories by science fiction's best loved authors. 3 volumes

Tales From The White Hart - Arthur C. Clarke, stories from an English watering hole

The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone - signed by Tennessee Williams

Nabokov's Dozen by Vladimir Nabokov: a leather Franklin Press book (also Lolita)

Gonzo Papers 2 signed by Hunter Thompson

Lie Down In Darkness signed by William Styron (leather Franklin Press)

I love to read, always have. I also enjoy collecting. I look at having a library as one of the most wonderful things a person can accomplish. A library of books to be read and of well loved books already read and available for rereading would be paradise IMHO. Do any others of you collect? In what areas?

For the next two weeks I'm going light with my readings.

A Year in the World: Journeys fo a Passionate Traveller by Frnaces Mayes

But first, I'm re-reading In the Merde for Love by Stephen Clarke. The author is definitely one of my all time favorites.

I love to read, always have. I also enjoy collecting. I look at having a library as one of the most wonderful things a person can accomplish. A library of books to be read and of well loved books already read and available for rereading would be paradise IMHO. Do any others of you collect? In what areas?

Damn right!

Most recent purchase

On a suggestion I went to Amazon and bought Guys Don't Rat on Guys by Grey Baker. Simply put it was the best book I have read since Catcher in the Rye. I highly recommend it to everyone.

H.I.V.E.-Mark Walden
H.I.V.E. The Overlord Protocol-Mark Walden
Pawn Of Prophecy-David Eddings
Queen Of Sorcery-David Eddings
Magician's Gambit-David Eddings

Fatherland by Robert Harris
Atonement by Iain McEwan
Trevayne by Robert Ludlum
Silmarillion by JRR Tolkein
Unfinished Tales by JRR Tolkein
Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein

Yup, another one so soon! :rolleyes:

Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

I have seen it recommended so many times that, when I finally saw it on the shelf, I snatched it. According to the people who know and love it, it is one of those "absolutely must reads."

Back