• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

The Tailor of Panama by John Le Carre
You Remind Me of Me by Dan Chaon
Waiting by Ha Jin
Herzog by Saul Bellow
Plainsong by Kent Haruf
Lush Life by Richard Price

_

I just purchased a horror Fantasy book

Someone suggested a book to me "Lessons from an Evil Mind" This book is by a new author, but I have to say, I really enjoyed it..In fact some parts scared the heck out of me. I have been looking in forums for anyone else that has read this book. Anyone here?
Thanks

Neurosis and Human Growth - The Struggle Toward Self-Realization by Karen Horney.

Another oldie but goodie.

Received as a surprise gift:

The Universal Baseball Association, Inc., J Henry Waugh, Prop. by Robert Coover

One of the best. Rereading it now, after many years.

Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult
1984 - George Orwell (I just found out that he also wrote Animal Farm, and 1984 better be better than that book!)
The Mysterious Benedict Society - Trenton Lee Stewart

I'm trying to find a good mystery. Maybe I'll read one of my mom's Agatha Christi novels.

The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing
The Book of Great Books by W. John Campbell
Steps to Writing Well by Jean Wyrick
Atlas of the Body - A Time/Rand McNally publication

Today I spotted these two (both for them two bucks and pretty much brand new) in my local Goodwill store:

The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

What luck!

Today I spotted these two (both for them two bucks and pretty much brand new) in my local Goodwill store:

The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

What luck!

Call of the Wild was required in the 10th grade, and I dreaded it since I hated dog books. Silly me; great book!

I first read it in 8th grade. After that it was Jules Verne - I fell headlong into Verne books. My very first book was Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.

Back