• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

A Universe From Nothing - Why There is Something Rather Than Nothing by Lawrence M. Krauss. A largely readable overview of modern scientific theory, measurements, conjectures and issues arguing how, in the author's view, our universe might plausibly have been created from nothing -- and meaning quite emphatically no God either. The subtitle of the book might more accurately have been "Why You Should Not Believe in God," considering the repeated emphasis on the matter throughout an otherwise very informative narrative about the possible creation of the universe.

Just finished:

Prey, by Linda Howard
Flash and Bones, Kathy Reichs
Now You See Her, James Patterson

Quick reads all of them. Now I'm starting Major Pettigrew's Last Stand for book club next week.

Have Princess Bride on the reserve list at the library...come on folks, go vote for BOTM! :lol:

Oops, the previous post of mine should have been under "Recently Finished."
Sorry.

I'm sorry. I can't accept your apology. I feel deceived and betrayed.

There is only one way you can make amends.

Go to BOTM and vote for The Hound of the Baskervilles.

A Simple Habana Melody by Oscar Hijuelos
The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love by Oscar Hijuelos
Beautiful Maria of My Soul by Oscar Hijuelos
The Barrytown Trilogy by Roddy Doyle

I do hope so Peder. I do hope so. I don't think I can take any more disappointment as confusion occurs between those books which you've ordered, those books which you've read, and those books somewhere in between. Also, should the book arrive on Monday or Wednesday I do hope that you'll edit the above post to reflect the correct day of the book's arrival.

How to Deal with Annoying People by Phillips Bob
Annoying: The Science of What Bugs Us by Joe Palca and Flora Lichtman
Complaining, Teasing and Other Annoying Behaviors by Robin M Kowalski

Back