• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Relationships

Why would a simple question be a source of pressure? I don't think the member who posted it meant any harm, and I doubt any of us are wondering how to play matchmaker for all the single folks here. I've not even mentioned my unmarried daughters :rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
Why would a simple question be a source of pressure? I don't think the member who posted it meant any harm

None whatsoever! I was only kidding! It was the only way I could get into the relationship-thread! ;) Having said that, there is a certain amount of pressure on singles over a certain age to settle down. Not from this forum though, more from like...grandma ;).

pink shadow said:
None whatsoever! I was only kidding! It was the only way I could get into the relationship-thread! ;) Having said that, there is a certain amount of pressure on singles over a certain age to settle down. Not from this forum though, more from like...grandma ;).

HAHA, I'm so sorry...Tell grandma to hold on!

pink shadow said:

And for all our 'modern' ways, that age gets younger all the time. What about those idjits who ask kindergartners, "got a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?" :rolleyes:

I've been married for 9 yrs now and have known my hubby for 15 years :eek: , it does not seem that long, it feels like we just got married.

Thank you ladies. It was a very romantic day - dragging tree limbs away and putting them on a bonfire, washing the truck, washing the windows:eek: Actually, it was a very pleasant day - the weather has been perfect. And we did go out for a romantic meal yesterday evening:D

Breaca said:
Thank you ladies. It was a very romantic day - dragging tree limbs away and putting them on a bonfire, washing the truck, washing the windows:eek: Actually, it was a very pleasant day - the weather has been perfect. And we did go out for a romantic meal yesterday evening:D

Happy Anniversary, :D

Thanks AK and Robert. Twenty-six and counting Robert - not bad going in this day and age.

And Poppy, mainy thanks too. OK where have you chatting with me? It's getting near to my bedtime and my brain is winding down. So on that note, night night everyone.

Married for coming up on fourteen years. We've known each other for eighteen. Dang that seems like a long time, except that it doesn't. . .

curiouswonder said:
Married for coming up on fourteen years. We've known each other for eighteen. Dang that seems like a long time, except that it doesn't. . .

Isn't it funny how that works, I always feel like it can't have been that long and at the same time feel it has been forever :)

I know its totally different in a marriage than in a highschool relationship, but I have been with my boyfriend for eight months (as mentioned on page 2) yes it feels like forever. I cant imagine what it was like before him. Yet it also feels like nothing, and 8 months isnt that long! (yet it kinda is, a little...)

Lani

Back