• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Legacy

Spineshank

I tried looking up old threads on the Bourne books by Robert Ludlum and came up with just discussions about the movies. Well i've seen the movies and kind of want to read the books as long as they are good, i was wondering if anyone has read them and what order they go in. I noticed that Robert Ludlum died a few years ago but another book "The Bourne Legacy" has come out recently, or after his death anyway and was written by another author, is this book as good as the originals written by Ludlum, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

The order for the books is as follows:

• The Bourne Identity
  • The Bourne Supremacy
  • The Bourne Ultimatum
  • The Bourne Legacy
I can't help with comparing Legacy with the others as Phil has only read the first two, though apparently the movies deviate from the books somewhat.

Thanks, i kind of assumed that was the order but wanted confirmation since his website didnt really put them in any order for me.

I tried reading The Bourne Identity, but gave up halfway. A lot of other people I know did this as well. It started off really well, but just got a bit repetitive and tedious, in my opinion. My all means pick it up and form your own opinion on it, I just thought that I would warn you that you may not find it is all it is cracked up to be :)

And in answer to the point in your first post, yes the latest Robert Ludlum books are written by a 'specially selected' author to continue his, erm, legacy. In other words his publishers and/or family didn't like the idea of the royalties beginning to diminish and had (a) such contempt for his readers that they didn't think they would notice the difference between books written by him and books not written by him, and (b) such contempt for Ludlum's own books that they thought they could easily be imitated by a paid hack. Which isn't very nice, when you think about it. Virginia Andrews's people do the same.

I eyed this one lately, but noticed that another person's name was listed as co-author. Sometimes, it isn't so clear as to who the author is. I discovered that in reading H.P. Lovecraft's The Watchers of Time which is essentially, the work of someone else.

Like MonkeyCatcher said, I stopped reading halfway through Bourne Identity. The book is NOTHING like the movie, and that disappointed me.

I've never read Legacy and probably never will. I have the same feelings about reading Pride and Prejudice and not wanting to read all the "sequels" NOT written by Austen.

i found the books to be much more violent.............stupid movies...lacked, but i do love me some franka potente!!!!!

Back