• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rome Stories

chicken88

Hello,

I am looking for books that are stories that take place back in the roman time period. I am not looking for history type books, just some stories to pass the time. If anyone knows of anything, I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

you might as well want to try Conn Iggulden: The Gates Of Rome,more on the action side.Have a look at the historical fiction section,there is a few more reference there.

Not history,
Just really a story, ya know a main character, plot, ect....
I mean if the story has historical background to it, of coarse but i don't really want to learn a bunch about it, just kind of get lost in a book that takes place in that time

Steven Saylor has a detective series set in Rome around the time of Cicero, I've read part of them, and they're pretty interesting.

I might be beaten with a wet noodle by Stewart for suggesting this, but have you read "Angels and Demons" It's set in Rome, but in modern times.

Stewart doesn't beat people with wet noodles, he uses 2X4's instead for suggesting "Dan Brown".

One I enjoyed that was set in the Roman period is Borchardt's The Silver Wolf (it is the first in a series about werewolves, I thought I would mention this just incase you may not be interested in that type of plot).

Try Katherine Roberts 'Seven Ancient Wonders' Books,they are set in ancient times,not in rome unfortunatly,but mostly in ancient cities and the like,tehya re based around the seven ancient wonders of the wood,they all have different protagonists and i think two of them have a 30 year time period difference,they go like this(it doesnt matter which order you read them,i actually read the 6th one first and the 1st one 6th,.....)

The Great Pyramid Robbery-The Great Pyramids Of Egypt-Narrated By Senu
The Babylon Game-The Hanging Gardens of Babylon-Narrated by Tiamat
The Amazon Temple Quest-The Temple of Ephesos-Narrated by ????(forgotten)
The Mausoleum Murder-????(forgotten)-Narrated by Alexis
The Olympic Conspiracy-The Statue of Zeus-Narrated by Sosi
The Collosus Crisis-The Collosus of Rhodes-Narrated by Aura
The Cleopatra Curse-????-????(havnt read yet)

great books set in historical times,some fo the books suit certain tastes more then others

Roma Eterna - Robert Silverberg

It is an alternate history story that spans large amounts of time. From what I remember the book is divided into sections that can be read in any order, almost as if each was a short story published elsewhere first (and this may have been the case, I'm not sure). Although read from beginning to end makes the most sense as it moves forward in time.

Back