• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Say something to the people

i think i was left out when god gave everybody a popsicle gene, i don't really like them, i prefer the cremy icecream.

how does everyone feel about toast? in my family, toast is it's own food group. toast is a meal, a snack, comfort food, food that cures all ailments, it is acceptable at all 3 meals and all times in between.
clarissa dickson wright writes," toast is one of those strange illusions of the mind, peculiar to the british character. when i was at school i remember how the great sixth form privilege was to be allowed to make out own toast in our common room. before that we had surreptitiously made it on the art room fire, at some risk of being caught with loss of privileges, for the toast in the refrectory was lukewarm and rubbery. do today's youth , i wonder, still take risks for toast......? i seldom eat bread left to my own devices, and yet even i can be overcome with an overwhelming nostalgic desire for toast."

perfect toast for me is hot, buttery, with lots of nice jam. then i would say with egg on it is runner up. i prefer thick, seedy, crunchy multigrain bread and real butter.

yum, i'm going to have some now.

Toast is nice but I like it cold with lots of butter!

Although... cheese on toast is hot. But that is kind of obvious. I like my cheese on toast with BBQ sauce spread on top of it!

jenngorham said:
perfect toast for me is hot, buttery, with lots of nice jam. then i would say with egg on it is runner up. i prefer thick, seedy, crunchy multigrain bread and real butter.

yum, i'm going to have some now.

Please, do some for me too. I am at work right now. We have a toaster but most of my colleagues are on stupid diets, so no butter in the fridge

i actually just had a delicious piece of toast with lots of real butter and homemade strawberry jam. yes, i think i'll have another....

Wabbit said:
Toast is nice but I like it cold with lots of butter!

Although... cheese on toast is hot. But that is kind of obvious. I like my cheese on toast with BBQ sauce spread on top of it!

is that typically british, cold with butter? when i worked at a b&b, most of our british guests had their toast that way.

hmmm, cheese and bbq sauce on toast. interesting.

how 'bout toast with mayonaise, sliced tomato, salt, pepper, lettuce and bacon?????

BLT's ...uuuuggghhhhhh .......

or just mayo, tomato, salt and pepper......

Or turkey club's ??? or my god I'm freakin' hungry.....

jenngorham said:
haven't you already had like 8 pieces of toast this morning? and where is my money?

no, not 8, just a couple more than i should've...and your damn money...when did you say you needed that again..you know i can't jusy made a hasty decision like that without checking with the bosses first you know.......yeah, that sounded good

Ronny - They do still make jello pudding pops. They come in a yellow box. Although, having bought them about a year ago, I'm a bit disapointed. I remembered them as being better.

I'm American and I like my toast cold with butter on it. In fact, its the only way I will eat toast.

would you mind reminding her of that, she thinks i am kidding, but i will pm kook and get the directions on how to post pics again, i will do it, i will........

i like my toast hot, with butter or jelly. I even put nutella on it.

Did you ever try cottage cheese (not the american, that is disgusting, no offernse) and strawberry or cherry jam?

jenngorham said:
would you mind reminding her of that, she thinks i am kidding, but i will pm kook and get the directions on how to post pics again, i will do it, i will........

dear sweet sister of mine....i know where you live lady and i ain't afraid of you..well, maybe a hint, but watch it... :mad:

Back