• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

September 2010: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Last summer they did a repeat of House and I really got into it then so now I avidly watch it. I never picked up on the Sherlock Holmes connection - very interesting.....

I had never picked on the connection either but now that I know of the connection... I can totally see it!

I read half of it through college (I had an hour and a half bus ride home) getting to Holmes' return from his death and a few stories after that, I burned out and found something else. :)

Maybe I'll give it another shot one day. I never did get to those last two novels, the real version of The Hound of the Baskervilles and the The Valley of Fear? How was it?

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="PlaceType"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="PlaceName"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype>I thoroughly enjoyed these stories. My favorites were Scandal in Bohemia, the Engineer's Thumb, Blue Carbuncle, Boscombe Valley, and although Copper Beeches was not a favorite story, I liked the character Violet Hunter.

Almost done with them. Turns out the edition I have left two stories out... Bastards!
Now I'll have to read them online...

I did like the ones I've read so far.

I have one of that book. i loved it. it was really fun reading all of the adventuress happened. i may write a review of it soon :) :flowers:

Back