• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should eyezOnme be banned?

Should eyezOnme be banned?

• Yes-He's a troll and offends others

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No-being unpopular isn't a ban worthy "offense"

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's best we don't take eyez too seriously. His posts amuse rather than annoy me. If everyone else feels the need for him to be banned, that's all well and good, but I can't say my visits to the boards will be soured every time I read something he has to say.

Thanks Kenny. I wasn't aware of that since I was avoiding the thread until I'd seen the movie. I too am intrigued by the 'valued member' thing given that in her 63 posts she has spent most of them arguing that eyez0nme, manuscriptx, and Mel Gibson (if he's here) should be banned.

It was a mistake corrected by Beer Good and I thanked him and acknowledged it. I resent the fact that anyone would accuse me of plagerism without even taking the time to get to know me. Stewart, you have been nothing but condescending and rude to me. As a moderator you should be ashamed of your sarcastic tone discussing me. Its apparent that you simply do not like me. I happen to think that my posts were welcome by most people here and there was no trouble - even regarding the Mel Gibson debate - until you jumped into the EYEZ mess and again, became very sarcastic towards me. I was a newbie here. I had no idea why EYEZ was insulting me and being so obnoxious. And yet, no moderator took the time to PM me and tell me his/her history on this board. The ony moderator presence was to continue his sarcasm. This will in fact be my last post here. Most of the people I conversed were very pleasant - even when we disagreed. I must say before I leave that any board that actually posts a poll openly debating whether another member should be banned is a board out of control. Its pathetic that you Stewart have not managed this board better and let it get to this state. And again for the record, I did not plagerize and never would. Your insuations are as disqusting as your behavior is.

Well, well.

How are you Similia? Didn't you say, in the previous thread, that that was your last post? Not only are plagarist (just like me), but also a liar. Now we see who the true culprit is. Why attack our moderator, when he did nothing or said nothing of the nature to insult you? Why jump the gun and claim he made sarcastic remarks and inflicted mental harm? No, this goes beyond the realm of the internet world; you have issues. You need to check yourself in the mirror, before you go around and pointing your finger and blaming others. And that goes to anyone on this board who thinks they know me. What do you know about me, Similia, and how I live my life in the real world? You don't know nothing, & what I've been through.

I admit. I created "Why Can't Woman Write" to see some reaction--to incite the members into an uprorar, and galvanize them into discussion I find intriguing (who has the upper hand in writing: man or woman?) albiet, a difficult one. And I could've worded it properly without so much generalization, and for that I apologize. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I did it, anyway. I have a problem. You see, for the past six years I had been diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder--a personality disorder where the person avoid any type of communication or social relationships due to fears of rejection. During High School, I did not talk to my counselors, my teachers, or even to my peers. I did not say a single word; not a peep came out of my mouth. I was a lonely, obscure man skulking in and between hallways of the corridors, munching on fries and rice krispy treats, and when a stranger said, "Come on over--let's chill. What's your name?" I would give them this cold, glacial stare, and continued on with my business (plotting on how I could use these same characters in my book). I avoided everyone. And when I found the message boards, and my first interaction with it, I felt a profound sense of relief: I could be whoever I wanted to be, without the fear of being rejected. I could resurrect myself in a hundred, thousand-fold, different names--until, of course, my IP was banned. Then I would spiral into a dysthynic depressed state (and thoughts of commiting suicide would flair up again) and the vicious cycle would, in all likelihood, continue. It was a way of coping with the problem. By flaunting it, I feel as if I can manage it. Does this give me the right to be offensive and make sweeping generalization through caustic remarks and verbal reprimands? Of course not. But it does, at least, give an insight to the many problem I once had (and still do).

So before you can think of spitting on people's face, Similia, ask yourself this: What do you see in the mirror? Once you see the mote in your eye, only then can you help remove theirs. I will agree with you on one thing: this thread should be closed. It is unfair to the many members on this forum, who put forth their time and input, and yet a troll recieves more attention and accolades from his acquaintance. What makes him better than any of you?

Nothing.

Therefore, I suggest if Stewart truly wishes to start banning like the right hand of God, he ban both similia and I, for we both are trolls feeding off each other, and wanting the occasional attention.

For even trolls want to be accepted.

eyez-I know a few members have a problem with you, personally, I guess that I don't "see" it. I started this thread as a way to hash this stuff out as the said people have been good long time members and that it appears there is a breakdown somewhere. Thank you for sharing more about yourself. I had a feeling that your posts were ill-received due to some *odd* posting style or way of interaction. Some people are social butterflies, others aren't. Being one of the latter, that might well explain this whole thing. You can create some good posts, that is more than clear when you are "on."

Could you guys make a conciliatory post here and reach out to the other person so we can bury this thing? Do the right thing and be the bigger person. If not, that's fine too. I guess things will be.

I have no problems with eyezOnme. I find his threads and posts to be thought-provoking and somewhat stimulating, if not a little off-the-wall.:)

Eyez, I find a lot of your threads to be very interesting, but I think you need to be a bit more careful how you word things sometimes. That was an issue with a few of your threads, but I admit the majority of them were really good ideas. And for me, the greater issue is the plagiarism one. Especially considering what kind of a forum this is, plagiarism is a huge crime.

Also, the thread that started this whole thing could have been very interesting. I rather wish you had reworded it to say something along the lines of that you personally thought that female writers were poorer than male writers, state your reasons why, maybe established that you weren't just trying to be a jerk, and things would have run much more smoothly. It is a difficult subject, but an interesting one.

Your response seemed very honest and I think it made me respect you more, and I changed my mind a little about how I felt since my last post. What I say won't affect other's opinions much, but I guess I just wanted to let you know that I think I understand you a little better now.

And to Smila...please note that a mod did not start this topic. This is a discussion among other board members like you and me, and the mods' actual discussion over what should be done is, and should remain, private. This board is not "out of control." I've been here almost a year and you are the only person I have ever seen suggest that. Whether or not you come back again is your own choice, but you're losing more than gaining support by leaving as many messages as you can saying that you are leaving. In fact, I'm rather feeling like you're insulting a bit more than the moderation team here. I think this is a forum that encourages free speech and discussion, and that is the reason this thread is allowed to exist. I'm not saying don't be mad about the original problem, but please do not blame the mods for everything that happens on this site. They're doing the best they can, and I will vouch for them and say they do pretty damn good.

Its apparent that you simply do not like me.
I have no quarrel with you. Until recent events, you weren't even on my radar.

no moderator took the time to PM me and tell me his/her history on this board.
I live in a different time zone. I was sleeping. I have no idea what the other mods were up to. Still, if you wanted to know so badly about the member then you could just have viewed other posts by eyez0nme. It's a tool available to you.

Its pathetic that you Stewart have not managed this board better
It's not my board. Need I tell you that again. One thing I will say, at least eyez0nme just rolls his sleeves up and gets on with it.

again for the record, I did not plagerize and never would. Your insuations are as disqusting as your behavior is.
I hope that wasn't to me since I never once accused you of plagiarism.

Eyez, if you're being treated for a personality disorder that interferes with function, that's quite serious; I hope that you're getting good care.
I don't see where he should be banned. That's just counterproductive to the heart of real discussion. Even though it appears that Eyez attempts to stir things up by insulting members and displaying general contentiousness, well, that is just his style at the moment, but he's young and will most certainly change. If he's banned, and we pretend he doesn't exist, then we've only succeeded in becoming defended. And defendedness is halfway to irrelevance. Whereas, if we engage Eyez and are in control of ourselves, who knows, he might pick up on a more playful, less accosting style, and allow himself to enjoy some genuine dialogue with forum members. The thread in question raised, however poorly, a valid topic for discussion. Eyez, maybe you can take some lessons from the many men here who post strong opinions without making themselves obnoxious.

Smila, I hope you'll return. I found your posts interesting and relevant. We 'girls' should never take our toys and leave with them. That's one of the reasons why we only make .70 cents to the dollar that men earn. Stay and play, don't take things too seriously. Hope I'm not chiming in too late.

To be honest, I think that this was blown way out of proportion. I would have thought that anyone could see that eyez was blatantly trying to get a rise out of someone, which he plainly did. I personally laugh at eyez's posts as they are just so rediculous - I can't understand how anyone can take him seriously. Smilia will need to learn to be less sensitive if she wants to be a member of any internet discussion boards.

Her "jabs" at Stewart were completely unnecessary and unfounded also. She seemed to think that he was the only mod on here. Perhaps she was just upset that his "sarcastic remarks" were identifying flaws in her arguments?

Back