• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Someone tell me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya Krunk'd Floo said:
I spy with my little eye 1, 2, 3 smart cookies who call for the thread to 'die' whilst posting in it, thus keeping it alive.
I have posted here to let my feelings on the subject known! Not to be a smart cookie! And certainly not to keep this thread alive and kicking!

Fistandantilus said:
I do not like the fact that there are threads emerging about alcohol or being drunk, not on a book forum please!

I would recommend you avoid such threads.

Martin said:
It's the overall atmosphere of this place that has drastically changed over the last few months. It's like something, or someone, a few months ago, flicked a switch or pulled a lever, and turned this place upside down, turning it from an incredible place into something very, very shallow.
I've kind of noticed that :eek:

Oh no!

That's good for another 28 pages!
Just kidding, just kidding :)

A moderator could announce "Last call." Hm?
Not kidding, not kidding.
Peder

I would like to call my next witness for closing arguments: Hitler, a Nazi.

Since I mentioned such, can this thread finally be put to sleep? I think everything has been said that can be said, and correct actions have been taken.

Thank you, Martin, for taking a stand to help clean up the forum by creating this monster of a thread.

sirmyk said:
. . . . I think everything has been said that can be said,. . . .

Ah, Sirmyk!
But not eveything that has been said has yet been said three times over, and then not yet three times by each and every person separately. :)
But we're gettin' there,
Peder

sirmyk said:
I would like to call my next witness for closing arguments: Hitler, a Nazi.

Since I mentioned such, can this thread finally be put to sleep? I think everything has been said that can be said, and correct actions have been taken.
Unfortunatly your post is an example of Quirk's exception
However, I do agree it's time for this thread to take a long walk off a short pier...

Peder said:
Ah, Sirmyk!
But not eveything that has been said has yet been said three times over, and then not yet three times by each and every person separately. :)
But we're gettin' there,
Peder

LOL! I think you fit right in, Peder.

Peder
You wouldn't just happen to be saying you are from the US, when you are really a danish wiskey-loving english teacher? That avatar does look like my former english teacher and it would be like him to spy on me to see that I don't abuse the english language.

Before this thread gets closed, I'd like to apologize for my own flippant (and possibly wise-ass) "I'm sorry" comment. I made it before I'd read all ten thousand of the previous posts, and if I had read them all first, I certainly would have refrained.

I don't know if I was spamming or trolling or what, but now that I see that those kind of posts are causing some people pain I won't do it anymore.

See?

We can learn!

;)

I'm new and I'm alittle worried about posting some of the books I enjoy reading after looking into this thread. Do people get picked on for reading certain things?

Tina said:
Do people get picked on for reading certain things?

No, but people think they are getting bullied when, in fact, they are being offered friendly suggestions to read something better. It's literary encouragement. :)

Tina said:
I'm new and I'm alittle worried about posting some of the books I enjoy reading after looking into this thread. Do people get picked on for reading certain things?

Don't worry. It's fine! Welcome to the book forum :)

hay82 said:
Peder
You wouldn't just happen to be saying you are from the US, when you are really a danish wiskey-loving english teacher? That avatar does look like my former english teacher and it would be like him to spy on me to see that I don't abuse the english language.

Hey, Hay!

US: yes
Danish: No, Norwegian grandparents.
Whiskey-loving: McCallan
English teacher: nay, abuser.
Sense of humor: hopefully!

Peder

There have been a lot of very interesting views and comments posted in this thread that have given us all food for thought. It's nice to see that The Book Forum means a lot to so many people.

As this thread now appears to have run its course and people are beginning to request that it be locked, I'm now going to close it. Thank you for your contributions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back