• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

South Park

RitalinKid

Does anyone else here watch and appreciate South Park? After talking to a guy today, I realized that a lot of people think it's mindless, low brow, shock humor. The show is guilty of the last two accusations, but not of the first. The creators claim that they aren't putting their ideas in the show, but they are. There's almost always some socio-political commentary, whether it's intended or not.

--my husband love this show,he actually bought a post season DVD,I watch sometimes when my little one is already past asleep.and I think Cartman is brilliant :D

south park is brilliant. those guys get away with so much more than most shows, even more than family guy. for me, the episode where cartman feeds scott tenorman's parents to him at the "chili con carnivale" chili tasting contest was the funniest moment in t.v. history. to top it off, radiohead shows up after cartman tells him that the chili he ate was made from the flesh of his dead parents, and he starts crying, and thom yorke's, who's scott's idol, is all like, "aw, cry l'ttle baby. you gonna cry, l'ttle cry baby?" seriously, after that I woke up laughing everyday for a week straight.

That was a great episode. I hadn't thought about that one in a while. Thanks.

Another great episode: the Afghanistan episode with Cartman playing Bugs Bunny, and Usama Bin Laden playing Elmer Fudd. I think it only aired once, maybe twice.

The only person that might get away with more than them is Dave Chappelle, and that's a real toss up.

Glad to know there are other Comedy Central addicts on board.

I guess living in the US, would give me a better understanding of the jokes, but I still find that show to be really funny. Unfortunately they don't send this show very often on any of the channels I have right now.

I really like South Park! It's an excellent show. I also think there is a lot of social commentary there. I don't think it's the shows reason for existence, but it's there.

Did any of you see the recent one about hippies? It's probably my favorite episode. There were so many great quotes. "Wait until those little Eichmann's get a load of this crunchy groove!" I go to "hippie jam band festivals", and I've never heard the phrase "crunchy groove", but since I saw that episode, I use it all the time. The soundtrack to the episode was a great mockery of hippie jam band music.

I love the scene where Stan goes on stage, and tells the hippies they're just as lazy as the corporations they protest. When the singer gets the microphone back, he says, "I think what he's trying to say is that we need to focus all our energy and get this jam started out right." The score drops in with this funky bass line and the singer throws his arms straight out and starts moving them in a wave motion. Hilarious. I can't write this without laughing. Okay, now, I'm watching it.

And the mayor shows back up with bandages on her head after she's shown shooting herself in the head! What an episode.

Favourite moment, off the top of my head, is in the episode where it counts the occurrences of the word shit after it becomes acceptable to say on television. The scene where Mr Garrison, Jimbo and a bunch of others are talking about how only homosexuals can say the word fag on TV and when everyone tries it they get bleeped but when Jimbo tries he says fag without any problems to which Mr Garrison replies "well, Jimbo, I guess we learnt something new about you, you freaking fag! You wanna make out or something?"

Classic!

Going out on a limb here, but I hate it. I can't find anything even remotely funny in it.

The creators claim that they aren't putting their ideas in the show
That right there should be a massive hint.

Cheers

It hasn't been aired on any of the channels I can watch, so I wouldn't know... I've seen bits and pieces, obviously, but not enough to make up my mind.

I like South Park, though sometimes the humour is too gross for my liking. The last ones I saw, without Kenny, were nowhere near as good as the earlier ones. In my opinion, you can't beat the film - excellent satire, crude jokes and brilliantly huge musical numbers (I actually own the soundtrack to this!) One of my favourite bits is where Cartman sings "Kyle's Mom's a B**ch" with wild abandon, and at the end he turns round and she's standing behind him! :D

South Park!!! Brilliant! I loved the Christmas Special - good (!) music, and the singing poo. There was this time where my colleagues and I were humming Uncle F***k while working, and calling each other UF1, UF2, etc. Totally crazy.

:D

ds

The creators of South Park also made a movie with marionettes called Team America: World Police. Did any of you catch that? Cracked me up, but South Park is better.

RitalinKid said:
The creators of South Park also made a movie with marionettes called Team America: World Police. Did any of you catch that? Cracked me up, but South Park is better.

They also made BASEketball and Orgazmo (now, that's funny). :)

They didn't write Baseketball, but it was something they would've done. Orgazmo was friggin great. "Jesus!" "Where?"

--have you guys seen the episode when their teacher went for a sex change (then Kyle as a black basketball player,and his dad as a dolphin), that really cranks me up :D ,it is somewhat really true,I mean the idea behind it, and they made it so funny as well.

Back