• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

South Park

It has been a loooooong time since I watched any South Park ... after the first series I didnt bother anymore as it just seemed to be trying to stir up controversy rather than be actually 'funny' anymore. If I want amusing social commentary in a cartoon, I'll watch the Simpsons. :)

Did like the Jesus vs The Devil wrestling match though, that one amused me.

Phil

the 'die, hippie, die' episode was awesome. all those hippies invade south park for a hippie music jam festival. it's great.

hippie 1: right now we're proving we don't need corporations. we don't need money. this can become a commune where everyone just helps each other. we'll have one guy who, like, who, like, makes bread. a-and one guy who, like, l-looks out for other people's safety.
stan: you mean like a baker and a cop?
hippie 2: no no, can't you imagine a place where people live together and, like, provide services for each other in exchange for their services?
kyle: yeah, it's called a town.

My favourite episodes are the disturbing, f***ed up ones.
In no particular order:
1. Cartman has this kid eat his own parents and Radiohead calls the kid a cry baby
2. The Butters episode. Butters' father is cheating on his wife with other men. The mother then tries to kill Butters.
3. 2004 Christmas episode! "Woodland Critter Christmas" I was watching this with my mother asleep next to me. It looked so cute and then suddenly there was a "blood orgy". I totally freaked out and felt so uncomfortable. I was afraid my mother would wake up. So I left and put it on in another room and finished it. It was spectacular.

RitalinKid said:
The creators of South Park also made a movie with marionettes called Team America: World Police. Did any of you catch that? Cracked me up, but South Park is better.
I thought it was o..k... I suppose it had its moments, but it was tiresome for me to watch.

I must add though that I despise puppets/muppets.

I have a friend who can't stand muppets, because when he was a kid his mom rented meet the feebles thinking it was a kids movie. it scarred him for life. I thought it was a great film, but, then, I didn't see it when I was eight years old.

"If I'm ever in a persistive vegetated state, please . . . for the love of god, don't put me on TV!" Did they hit the nail on the head or what? Have your court battle if you really want to; just leave the other 6 billion of us out of it.

bobbyburns said:
I have a friend who can't stand muppets, because when he was a kid his mom rented meet the feebles thinking it was a kids movie. it scarred him for life. I thought it was a great film, but, then, I didn't see it when I was eight years old.

Hmm... I didn't have any traumatic experiences with m/puppets as a child... I just never liked them. I remember I always preferred Muppet Babies as opposed to Muppet Master Theatre. I did, however, enjoy Sesame Street.

My boyfriend loves The Dark Crystal. I read the Brian Froud book on it and it was quite intriguing. So finally, I watched it... but it really just made me cringe. I do know that a lot of hard work goes into the puppeteering (spelling?) but dude... I can't stand it. :p
---------------------------
Did anyone watch the Paris Hilton episode of South Park? I only caught the last five minutes and a friend told me about the rest of it. I thought that was bad ass!

I've never seen it, but I love Labyrinth. Great script and pretty good puppets too.

Martin said:
The Dark Crystal is amazing!

Cheers

YES! Dark Crystal was really great and was kinda scary and dark for being a "kids" movie :)

Halo said:
I've never seen it, but I love Labyrinth. Great script and pretty good puppets too.

Another really good movie. I haven't seen it for YEARS.

Halo said:
Oooh! I forgot about that one! Hmm... I think I liked that one... 'coz there was a nice mix of people with the muppets.

--another worth to quote dialogue from Southpark kids:

Kyle: "How come we're not that talented?"

Cartman: "We're too smart to have a talent" :D

Scientology

Wow, "The global warming" episode was amazing!
But the Scientology ("Trapped in the Closet") was the greatest! I laughed sooo much!

I also read that in US it run into some kind of problems, this Scientology episode, eh? OK, I did not expect Tom Cruise to have any sense of humor, but this makes this episode even more funny! Ha-Ha-Ha!!!

Say, this Scientology - is it really a RELIGION? Or did they invent this Scientology just for the episode? Are people really that stupid nowadays? OK, any religion I find funny and amusing (as well as people who worship stuff/gods - although I do respect that, with a smile in my heart)- but this is somewhat too futuristic even for my wildest imagination! :cool:

Yeah. I'm forever telling my b/f that he needs to give me more South Park episodes to watch.

So far, the Nintendo Wii episode's been my all time favourite. Or is it Smug Alert?

But South Park's excellent. I'm a very recent convert (last 2 months only) and never used to watch it. I used to be just like Martin and think it's a braindead show..

Well, not any more!

Back