• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spoilers

nelle

Is there a way you can choose to view a spoiler? Or is it always a big black box in the middle of a post? How do you start a thread so you can talk about parts in a book without fear that they will be blacked out? I am a bit confused. :confused:

You need to put in spoiler tags :)

thus: "spoiler" text to be blacked out "/spoiler" You must replace " with [
I only use " so that it won't black it out and you can't see what I talk about :)

Understand? :)

Reading blacked out text is easy :) You hold down your left mouse button and drag the pointer over the black parts. The text is highlighted and you will be able to read what is there!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Or click quote under this post to see how to put in a spoiler.

Ooh. Quickly think of something interesting to say. Umm. ARSE CONKERS!!

How do you start a thread so you can talk about parts in a book without fear that they will be blacked out?
The spoiler tag is done manually by the person posting.

If you want to discuss a major part of the plot with other members it's best to start a new thread and add something like **SPOILERS** to the title of the thread. Having loads of blacked out text can be a bit of a pain.

Darren, as long as you're on the line, I have another question for you.

It doesn't concern spoilers but I'd like to know how to make changes so I'm able to post attachments? I can't seem to find it in my CP.

Thanks!

RaVeN said:
Darren, as long as you're on the line, I have another question for you.

My turn! I admit, I am hopeless with computers. Can some kind person tell me how to add a picture to my message? I promise - no asses or pancaked bunnies.

TIA TMG

third man girl said:
My turn! I admit, I am hopeless with computers. Can some kind person tell me how to add a picture to my message? I promise - no asses or pancaked bunnies.

TIA TMG

I can try I'm not too good at explanations!

There should be a button to select image. It's the yellow one that looks like a mountain. The tag is inset URL of image use and close the tag. If you want to link to an image that is on your puter then you need to use an image hosting service that lets you hot link [URL=http://gallery.cybertarp.com/index.php]Image hosting[/URL] You need to upload your image and get the url.

I hope that explaines it :)

Raven said:
It doesn't concern spoilers but I'd like to know how to make changes so I'm able to post attachments? I can't seem to find it in my CP.

Raven, Darren already answered this a while back - there is no prupose for user attachments in this forum so the option has been disabled for users

Phil

As Phil says, attachments are not enabled here. I can see how they'd be good fun in the general chat area, but they wouldn't serve much purpose elsewhere. It's not so much the space they would take up, but the bandwith cost.

The easiest way of working out how something is done in a post is just to quote that post. It provides a perfect working example of how to use all the tags.

So just quote this post.

buttersignA.gif

But as Wabbit says, you will need somewhere to host your images. Either a free image host, or if you got free webspace from your service provide you can upload them to that.

Litany said:
The easiest way of working out how something is done in a post is just to quote that post. It provides a perfect working example of how to use all the tags.

But how do you quote posts?

Mxx

seriously though, I'll eventually get around to creating videos of how to do the basics with the forum.

• Bold - [B] [/B]
  • Italic - [I] [/I]
  • Underline - [U] [/U]
  • Aligned Left - [LEFT] [/LEFT]
  • Aligned Centre - [CENTER] [/CENTER]
  • Aligned Right - [RIGHT] [/RIGHT]
  • Indented - [INDENT] [/INDENT]
  • Image - [IMG] [/IMG]
  • Visible Hyperlink - [URL] [/URL]
  • Hidden Hyperlink - [URL] Insert Text Here [/URL]
  • Font - [FONT=[i]fontname[/i]] [/FONT]
  • Colour - [COLOR=[i]colourname[/i]] [/COLOR]