• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sports - Do You Enjoy

muggle

Are there any sports that you enjoy and are a fan, ie, baseball, basketball, motorsports, etc.

Sofia said:
I am a big college basketball fan:)
You should be with 2 great teams in your back yard.:) Geno is a pretty good coach and has had some excellent players. Sue Bird was my favorite. You probably know this but Geno was once an asst coach here at UVA for Debbie Ryan. We have season tickets to all the UVA women's basketball games. We sit about 20 to 30 feet behind the UVA bench.

muggle said:
Are there any sports that you enjoy and are a fan, ie, baseball, basketball, motorsports, etc.

I use to be able to sit and watch entire baseball games. I don't have the patience or desire to do so now. Football bores me unless it's a college bowl game or NFL playoffs. Regular season games don't interest me at all, and don't even get me started on the NBA!. I prefer to watch boxing-lots of action and strategyat the super middleweight and lighter weight classes. It's also great to watch two immobile heavyweights(or cruiserweights) just stand in the middle of the ring and throw bombs.

he has had some awesome players...though I think he isn't recruiting the top players as he used to...this year his team is good, but not the best....although the women did win the big east tournament...the men just got knocked out of the big east tournament...and they are #1 in the country!

Watching sport bores me, but then I don't really watch anything on TV.

I grew up with sport dominating the TV from morning 'til night, horse racing, football, motor racing, snooker etc.

Now I could only really watch a little snooker, curling and bowls, and that's because I play those myself.

Can't stomach horse racing or motor racing on TV, but a day at the races is a great experience.

I love college basketball and this is the best time to be a fan with the NCAA Tournament coming up. Of course we have the best BB Conference with the ACC. :D Our ACC tournament is going on this week. Should be either North Carolina or Duke. That J.J. Redick for Duke is some kind of player.

no kidding...is there anything he can't do??...btw....the big east is the best conference in the country....hehe:)

steffee said:
Can't stomach horse racing or motor racing on TV, but a day at the races is a great experience.
Which, horse racing or auto racing. If it is auto racing we can have a discussion.:)

Sofia said:
no kidding...is there anything he can't do??...btw....the big east is the best conference in the country....hehe:)
we will see when they play in the NCAA Tournament. :D We have 3 teams in the ACC women's group that are ranked in the top 4 in the Country, NC, DUKE, and MD.

I must admit though that Conn men's team is pretty good. The women are also good but not up to their standards.

steffee said:
Horses.

Though I have been to Silverstone (famous UK motor racing) once or twice too. :D
I have heard lots about Silverstone. We had an auto racing team a few years back and had a female for a driver. I am still close friends with her. She held her own against some pretty good drivers and with more experience would have nbeen one of the top 10 in the Racing Series we raced in.

yes...we shall see:) duke and nc are both great teams, but for some reason duke can't seem to beat nc....should be interesting to see if they get to the final four

Talking about sport, in the UK anyway, especially if you get into the realms of football (soccer), is akin to talking religion or politics. If you check out the message boards on the BBC website after a match between, say, Manchester utd. and Liverpool most of the post are removed as it gets so heated.
I think if we were all from the same country on this forum talking sport would get banned along with religion and politics.;)

To answer the original question; yes I do enjoy sport. I like to watch cricket; football; rugby; golf etc. I play squash and like to go fishing as often as possible.

Yes that's quite true blueboatdriver.

I support Sunderland and am married to a Newcastle fan, which is a huge no-no. We don't live up North anymore but when we did we could never go out together on Match days, it could be quite scary.

Wow Muggle, that's great! It's a shame there aren't more female competitors in sport.

Me and Marybeth after the race in California at Laguna Seca race track. Laguna Seca has the most famous "turn" in the world in racing, the "Corkscrew. She drove a masterful race and came in 13th in a field of about 36 cars including drivers from New Zealand, Canada, Australia, and of course the U.S. There are a couple good stories i have about this race. :D at least to me they are good. :)

r1g6z9.jpg

Ooops, the photo looks bad.

Wow that's amazing Muggle! I've never heard of that "Corkscrew" before, but it sounds worth a visit. It must have been a fab day!! :D

Edit: No, great photo!! :D

I could not even begin to describe the excitement and fun we had that day. BTW, Laguna Seca is located outside of Monterey, Calif which is the site of 3 of John Steinbeck's novels. We had dinner at Cannery Row which is also the title of one of Steinbeck's books........Ah, memories....sometimes they are great. :D

If you are interested let me know later and I will tell a few of the racing stories from that day.

Back