• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sports - Do You Enjoy

A map of laguna Seca. The track is 2.38 miles long. I am "setting you up" for the stories yet to come. :)

TrackMap3.gif

I've never been interested in sports. Maybe because my parents were never into it, or never followed any team/sport. :)

A photo from on top of a hill looking down on part of Laguna Seca race track. Behind me from where I took the picture is where the corkscrew and other parts of the race track are. We watched the race from on top of the hill.

r2rr5e.jpg

muggle-I am loving the pics man, keep 'em coming.:) That's great that your wife is into that. I'm afraid that I'm nto a big auto sports fan myself. Not a whole lot here in the cornhusker state other than football.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SFG75 said:
muggle-I am loving the pics man, keep 'em coming.:) That's great that your wife is into that. I'm afraid that I'm nto a big auto sports fan myself. Not a whole lot here in the cornhusker state other than football.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My wife is a big fan of motorsports. However, Marybeth is not my wife. Marybeth was our driver and her and I became close friends and remain so. She and her husband ( newly wed couple years ago) live in Langley, BC, Canada (near vancouver).

A photo of Marybeth at an autograph session at Mosport race track near Toronto, Canada.

r2sxgi.jpg

yeah yeah yeah....uconn did play syracuse...and yes, got beat too....(by an unranked team no less) they must of just been having an off day....hehe

all kidding aside, I hope that U-Conn makes it to the final four during March Madness and plays either NC or Duke.....and I mean both the men and women's teams. :D

that would be an awesome fianl four....men:uconn, duke, west virginia, and nc....women: uconn, nc, duke, and baylor again (i love watching kim mulkey robertson-talk about emotion! )

It doesn't look like Tennessee (womens) will make it to the final four this year since they lost one of their top players recently. Pat Summitt is one heck of a coach. Quite a few years ago Tenn and UVA were hated rivals. one time pat Summitt was pregnant and in an airplane and started having labor pains. She asked the pilot where they were and he said over Virginia and she told him to get the hell moving as she didn't want her baby born near Virginia.:)

Sofia said:
who did they lose????
KNOXVILLE, TENN. --- Jenny Moshak, University of Tennessee Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine, announced today that Lady Vol sophomore starting point guard Alexis Hornbuckle will undergo surgery on Wed., Feb. 15 to repair her broken right wrist.

Of course since then they beat LSU to win the Conf. Tournament. :)

i didn't even know that....but tenn. hasn't been having the greatest year anyway....they were beat by unranked teams also...they are like uconn, red hot one minute-stone cold the next....often in the same game!

In 1996 the NCAA regional was held at uVA and we advanced to play Tenn. We had Tenn on the ropes and Jenny Boucek was doing a GREAT defensive job on Holdsclaw and holding her scoring to almost nil. Boucek then picked up her 4th foul and Debbie benched her and Tenn went on a tear to win the game......I damned near cried.....ok, I did. :)

photo of race in Cleveland. We broke an axle early in the race and did not finish. Good thing as the set-up on the car was terrible and Marybeth was fighting the car all week-end.

r7jfdg.jpg

muggle-How much money do you thinki you and your wife hav poured into that car? I'd hate to guess. Do you have sponsorship of any kind? I would imagine that might make it easier, but I don't see any gaudy advertisements on her car like the NASCAR drivers have.:p

Back