• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stand Up Comedy

I always thought Jonathan Winters was the king of improv. Anybody else old enough to remember him?

cajunmama said:
My current fav is the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Jeff Foxwrthy (although his "you might be a redneck if" schtick has gotten kind of old), Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White. Of the four, I think Ron White is the best. Some of his delivery is so dry, then it hits you. :p

i like ron white to..i like how he always has a drink and a cigarette going...very dry

ricky said:
i like ron white to..i like how he always has a drink and a cigarette going...very dry

i like him. and russell peters. i like comedy troops, like the cast of this hour has 22 minutes or kids in the hall.

oops i just realized that wasn't the question, sorry. :eek:

there's also a guy from newfoundland named shawn majunder who is frickin' hysterical!! i saw him live and i laughed my guts out!

oh shawn is too funny. half the time it isn't even what he is saying, just how he is saying it.

Bill Hicks & (early) Eddie Izzard are the best I've seen live. Steven Wright and Ross Noble are the highest on my to see list.

I have seen bottom twice in liverpool and there were the best! So funny,i would go and see them again! :D

novella said:
Yeah, she's funny. And I can't resist Chris Rock. He's fearless.

Chris Rock is pretty good. Can't say I care for his language though. I have never cared for profanity.

Profanity is sort of like chili peppers. After a while, you can just take it in without minding too much. In fact, I'm rather fond of chili peppers.

But, to me, there is a punchy, meaningful way to use foul language, and then there is just the daily overkill you hear from most high school kids. I sure don't want EVERYTHING to have chili in it. It takes away from the occasional experience.

novella said:
Profanity is sort of like chili peppers. After a while, you can just take it in without minding too much. In fact, I'm rather fond of chili peppers.

But, to me, there is a punchy, meaningful way to use foul language, and then there is just the daily overkill you hear from most high school kids. I sure don't want EVERYTHING to have chili in it. It takes away from the occasional experience.

I'm a retired sailor, novella, so I've been around profanity all my adult life. That doesn't make me like it any more or any less. I have walked out on movies because there was too much foul language. It's just not my thing.

That's one of the great things about George Carlin, he uses profanity, but not a lot of it.

Kenny Shovel said:
Bill Hicks & (early) Eddie Izzard are the best I've seen live.
Eddie Izzard is funny, but once you've seen a couple of his shows, I think you've seen them all. I still like him though.

ruby said:
I have seen bottom twice in liverpool and there were the best! So funny,i would go and see them again! :D
Still haven't watched Bottom myself. I've been stuck with The Young Ones repeats. Hehe.

Back