• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: Misery

SFG75

Just purchased it this past weekend. I hope to dive on in some time soon. Any thoughts on this book? :)

You dirty birdie!, you dirty birdie!

I just shivered when I read that.:D I have seen the movie to years ago. For some reason, I can see parts of the movie in my head. I'm envisioning a bearded Harrison Ford looking like he woke up at the Hanoi hilton. I'm on page 61 so far and enjoying it.

Good movie (mostly due to the acting), great book. Definitely one of my favorites from King. I liked how far he went in regards to the torture of Paul Sheldon.

I really enjoyed this book. To me, King's best ability is to make the anxiety level of the reader as high as possible...and Misery does not disappoint.

Great point Justin.:) I really found that out when all of a sudden, the author was stuck by a needle as she caught him looking through her scrapbook of death.:eek: The
chopping off of his leg
was another scene that really induced a bad case of anxiety, holy cow. That paled in comparison
to when Annie ran over the srate trooper with the lawnmower.

I just finished the book the other night, I'm glad that I picked it up, it was definitely worth my while.

I have The Shining coming to me in a few days, it'll be my first full novel by Stephen King. Long delayed, I know. I have heard of Misery almost as often, though I prefer paranormal horror to torture.

Gosh, if only King could go back snorting coke and downing Listerine to go back to the level he was writing.

He's done. He's dead. He needs to retire.

Just purchased it this past weekend. I hope to dive on in some time soon. Any thoughts on this book? :)

This book TERRIFIED me when I read it! (I was about 17 at the time) Perhaps because it is more of a real world scenario than most of King's books, it scared the bejeezus out of me. And Annie's particular brand of crazy seems very very real. (To this day I still occasionally say something "made me feel all oogy" quoting her.) Great book.

I have The Shining coming to me in a few days, it'll be my first full novel by Stephen King. Long delayed, I know. I have heard of Misery almost as often, though I prefer paranormal horror to torture.

Agreed. Other than trying to raise his reader's anxieties through pure torture or the promise of it, this book doesn't do much for me. The Shinning is much much better.

Back