• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stitch 'n Bitch - Debbie Stoller

I quite like the crochet one, but I've still not exactly mastered it.

There's a crochet one?!? Man, I'm behind. I can probably even deal with the errors if it has good projects. I love the knitting ones that a friend has, but I hate to knit. Until now I've been feeling a bit left out.

Anyone want to comment on the projects? Are they as interesting? Is it worth buying, or should I just see if I can get it at the library and make a couple copies? :eek:

Anyone want to comment on the projects? Are they as interesting? Is it worth buying, or should I just see if I can get it at the library and make a couple copies? :eek:

Projects are...

A scarf made from flower motifs
A wobbly one skein scarf
A stripy one
A lacy triangular shawl
A capelet
A cowboy hat
An earflap hat
Anarchy beanies
Camo beany
Some funny would-be-entrelac-if-it-was-knitted hat
Matching lacy hat and scarf set
A considerable number of bags
Lacy vests
Lacy shrugs
Stripy tank top
Bikini in a bag
A fitted smart jacket
A pirate jumper
A long sleeved girly jumper
A flouncy coat
A lacy coat
A skirt
Jewellery
A belt
Bunny slippers
Bird and flower badges
Gloves
Cuddly toys
Skully potholders
A doormat
Ipod creatures
Blankets
A couple of baby hats

Also, you might like to know that there's a prize draw at the moment where you can win £250 quids worth of anything you want and they sell the Happy Hooker. So maybe you can win it and all the hooks and yarn you need to make a goodly selection of the projects. But if you do win then I want commission.

Just regular badge size. Do you have a colour printer or do I need to get the Professor to do some sneaky early morning printing?

Better get the Prof to do some sneaksome printing and then post them to me. How many badges are we likely to need?

There's you that I've never met, me, Bronte that I don't know from Adam, and that certain someone that neither of us have seen before in our lives. Freya will probably want one so she doesn't feel left out, and I don't know who else will be there on the Friday.

How big do they need to be? Or small, rather.

Not sure off the top of my head. The badger boy is asleep in his room right now so I don't want to go rummaging for it. I think they're about 2" diameter, but I could be totally wrong about that. Oh, and I think we'd also better make one for a cow I have never met. She deserves one :)

Hurrah for random gifts from someone I had not met until just the other day. What good fortune. Maybe I could donate a ball of tapestry to your stash by way of thanks. I think I have a spare ball in my car... :eek:

What a coincidence! I was expecting a friend to send me a ball of tapestry, but she seems to have forgotten all about it. Yours would be a welcome gift indeed.

I've put the needles down for the evening. Somethings wrong with the pattern or I'm being dense. Possibly both.

I am going out, I think. And if my mate decides that her hospital visit was too traumatic, I'm going to bed.

Back