• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strange Things Part II. Role Play

Leah was used to dust but Ahren immediately had a violent sneezing attack. This displaced clouds of dust which settled on the crystal ball.
"Ahem," said the headmaster, giving the ball a wipe with his sleeve. "if you could just try to stop sneezing for a minute, I'll show you something very interesting."
Staring into the crystal, they saw a floating island where inanimate objects appeared to be alive, and even animals and insects seemed half-human.
"If you travel on Karegin, he will guide you to this place."
"Well, first things first," demanded Leah. "I WANT A SHAVE!!!!!"

"well I can help you with that," said Son, his name for short. "I have just the thing for that." he handed her a soft rock. "just wave it over your face."
Leah grabbed it with a thank you and tried it as fast as she could. It was a soft stone that didn't scratch her face but took the hair right off.
"Good! Now we can leave" said Leah.
They flew off to the city in the sky on the back of their mighty griffon soaring through the golden sky. As they went higher the sun turned blue and the sky went green,

which gave Leah the distinct feeling of sea-sickness. The last few days had taken their toll, what with poisonous berries, tail-growing and sudden hairyness.
As the blue sun set, they were treated to an amazing light-show looking like a cross between the northern lights and the 4th July (or Guy Fawkes, if you happened to be of British descent).
Finally reaching the strange pink floating island, they were greeted by a talking toaster, tea-pot and mole.
Leah muttered "Tea-pots, toasters and moles, oh my!" but Ahren bowed politely to their "Welcome to the island of Oompah Boompah." and asked to be taken to their leader.
Keregin had to be restrained as he was rather hungry after his long journey and was trying to snatch the toast from the toaster. Things got a bit chaotic for a while.

A man approached dressed in armor and started to say hello. He went on and on saying we must see the king. Leah and Ahren looked at his face, noticing there were no eyes in his head. This man was no man but a suit of armor, empty inside, talking to them.

They found this rather disconcerting but our intrepid pair decided to follow the armour anyway and get to meet the king. There was just the slight worry of the green sky falling on their heads.
They were soon joined by an amazing collection of objects that all seemed to have lives of their own and this procession marched forward towards the King's palace.

They went through the enchanted city. Every thing was animated, with a life of their own. The king must be a toy maker, Ahren thought. He must have made his own kingdon from scratch.
The armor-man told them this place was one of many Sky-Lands. "starting out people called it a sky Island" he said. "then it went to skyland just ahead is the castle."
The three steped through a giant gate. "these flowers produce pollen that brings things to life, they are Holy Grail flowers." the armor told them.

Flocks of multi-coloured birds sat in powder-puff trees chattering away in a language that Ahren and Leah could understand. They were planning a huge party in honour of the human visitors.
The pair gazed in wide-mouthed awe at their surroundings. Everything was vividly coloured and noisy. The giant flowers puffed out pollen at regular intervals and more strange objects came to life. Ahren started sneezing.

It got cold all of a sudden for Ahren and Leah. Ahren thought, what on earth?
It was so cold that their furs were turning stiff and freezing. Even their canteens froze solid. They were starting to feel the cold. They finaly reached the castle. a big rock door opened and they walked in. It was much warmmer inside. the king was by the hearth stoking the fire.

The King came rushing forwards with arms open wide and tripped on the edge of a bear rug, who was having a scratch.. He hurtled towards them and it was only Ahren's quick reaction that caught him before he did a nose-dive on the flag-stone floor.
He was most unking-like in appearance - tall and gangly with long blond hair in a pony-tail. They had been expecting someone in royal robes and crown but instead he wore scruffy jeans and hoodie.
He thrust two goblets of mulled wine in their directions, spilling most of the contents all over them as he did so.
"Yo bro's, pull up a peasant, take a load off."

"If you liked I could show you the Universe." the king told them. "I have a holographic map. It's quit enlightening!"

"I found this in a secret hidey-hole one day when I accidentally bumped into the wall. Cool eh!" said King Basil.
Ahren had a close look, took out his compass, sextant and protractor and plotted a course into the unknown universe.
"I'll come with ya's." said King Basil.
Ahren and Leah looked at each other in dismay, this guy was so un-co, he'd just be a liability.
"I'm sorry," said Leah politely, "but there's no room on Keregin, he only carries two."
"That's OK," said the King, "I'll take my chopperised Vespa, want a ride Leah?"
"No thanks, I always travel with Ahren."
He'd probably crash into the first cloud they came across.

Leah had a few questions to ask about this journey.
Were they going to be able to travel on Kegegin?
What about the small matter of oxygen in outer space or was that a minor detail?
What was he hoping to find out there? After all flying through an abyss of infinity could get a wee bit boring.

the infinate was more than boring. It was exciting. It was diving into the nature of existence. They would find new worlds fresh with existence. New worlds ready to be discovered. They knew that new worlds needed be explored. New worlds need be explored. How could they be seen. Someone needed to be a witness to everything made. They had bold new worlds to explore, new places to visit. One was a world of the dessert. A place where one needed much water but it was scarce.

Leah liked the sound of this, deserts had always fascinated her but she would need a heat-shield, when it got too hot she went all floppy. And they really needed to find a way to leave King Basil behind, it would ruin the journey to have him zooming round noisily on his Vespa.
She asked Ahren if he had any ideas what they could do for a water supply.

And before they went, Ahren NEEDED TO EMPTY HIS MAILBOX, it was full to over-flowing and couldn't fit anything more in it.:)

If they were to visit another planet they would need to space travel. The closest planet that harbored life was a million miles away! How would they get there?
There was one wizard who knew, Delgada the Great. He had a teleporter device that would get them there in an instant! They went knocking on his door. The door opened and there stould Delgada. "I know what you seek!" he said. "you want to travel the cosmos. Am I right? Well it'll cost ya! I need a talabut mushroom can you bring me one?"

"Good grief," said Leah. "Where the ...... do we find one of those? Come on Ahren, let's go and look in the forest over there, they might grow under trees. Can you lend us a picture of one Delgade? "
Delgade handed over a picture of the strangest mushroom they had ever seen. It was purple, pink and orange, furry and puffed out mushroom spores in all directions. Why it was so valuable was anyones' guess.
"We are on a mission," sang Leah.

Delgada instantly whipped out some devilsticks and began to twirl it. "wow" said Leah. He began to flip and spin the scepter, he was a king among jugglers. The couple found this man to be Radacal.

As the devilsticks twirled in his hands, a bright glow formed around them and the sceptre. They spun faster and faster and an image began to form of a dark eerie forest. In the middle was a magnicicent Uzooba tree with the Talabut mushroom they were seeking, growing from the base of its trunk.
All of a sudden the picture disappeared and Delgarda collapsed onto a chair, short of breath and wheezing noisily.
Leah for once was speechless.

Back