• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strange Things Part II. Role Play

Leah, who had never encountered a live snake in her life before, not even in a zoo, immediately leapt onto Ahren's back, which didn't really improve his sore head.
Dan started muttering to himself about the distinct possibility of dinosaurs in the region and wandered off into the undergrowth.
Musasha decided snakes looked tasty and started stalking an extremely dangerous looking black and red striped one.
The rain continued to pelt down.

It was more of a swamp than a forrest. The trio, and Musasha, trekked through knee deep muddy water till they reached dry ground, which they were thankful for.
Musasha seemed the most eager to get out of the water. The ground was relatively dry, for the thick canopy of the woods blocked most of the rain. The forrest floor was void of thick underbrush, which made for easy travel and navigation. Daniel stopped, pointed, and said, "Over there, that's a t-rex nest. It's the time of year when

they lay their eggs, follow me quietly. I may not be able to communicate with the dinosaurs on this planet."
"Well thank goodness we're out of the rain, Musasha," said Leah. "I'm fed up with being wet and just look at how our feet have gone all wrinkly!"
Musasha looked at his feet and gave them a lick. They tasted swampy.
They could see that the T-rex nest had three eggs in it but the mother was nowhere to be seen. Cautiously they sneaked up closer and had nearly reached the nest when the ground started to shake.

Ahren grabbed an egg. Leah looked at him baffled.
"What? I'd like an omlet." Ahren took the egg. "I'm hungry."
Leah made him put it back. Then they headed for cover, hoping to be missed by the approaching t-rex, for they knew it was coming by the sound it made.
They sat and watched as a giant t-rex came to the nest.

Daniel creeped gingerly forward. "Grittings oh mottley one!" he said, in T-rex language.
The dinosaur let out a tremendous roar then looked at him curiously. She understood the dialect but was having a bit of trouble with the accent.
"We min you no ham. We were just admooring your huge icks."
Leah gave Ahren a thump on the arm. " It would have served you right if you'd grabbed an addled one and omletted that! You're always just thinking of your stomach." she whispered.
Strange cracking and tapping noises were coming from the eggs directions and the mother T-rex seemed more interested in what was happening to them than taking too much notice of the strange beings who talked funny.

They sat and watched as a baby dino started to emerge from its shell. Musasha pounced on the hatchling and grabbed the baby t-rex with her teeth. The mama dino let out a roar and chased Musasha into the jungle.
Leah called for Musasha. After a few moments Musasha came charging back with the little dino clutched in her jaws.
Just then the daddy dino, hearing the distress call, appeared and

started lumbering towards them.
"Woooo, that's one big sucker!" exclaimed Ahren, "RUN!!!!!!"
"DROP!!!!!!" shouted Leah at Musasha.
Musasha immediately let the baby dino go but unfortunately Ahren and Daniel thought Leah was yelling at them. To her immense surprise. they both fell flat on their faces and she was left standing wide-eyed and gaping.
The Daddy T-rex bore down upon them.

The ginormous t-rex let out a deep roar. Then Musasha drew his attention and took off into the woods with him in hot pursuit, buying her friends time to escape.
Dan stood up and said, "We better get you guys home. We've worn out our welcome."
"But what about Musasha?"
"Leave her for now. She will smell our trail and hopefully meet us at the teleporter. We can wait for her there."
They made it to the teleporter and waited for awhile and sure enough Musasha came romping on in.

"Where to now, everyone?" asked Leah.
"Just don't touch ANYTHING, this time Leah." said Ahren, "You know what happened last time you tried to navigate."
"Well I'm OK at reading maps, just not making them up. Anyway we made it alright and that was pretty exciting wasn't it?"
Ahren and Daniel didn't say anything, it had been a fairly close call. They'd only just got everyone into the teleporter when the T-rex showed up. Ahren punched in a new set of co-ordinates and off they shot.

Ahren just happened to punch in a good coordinate, serendipity or fate has it, that landed them on a planet with an atmosphere that could support life; and thankfully them. They stepped off the teleporter and found themselves in a great plain filled with waist-high grass. Musasha seemed at home and took off romping through the tall grass.
They walked for a short while when they stumbled upon a grass-mat hut.
"looks like humans live on this planet" said Ahren [but he was wrong.]

Yes, he was very wrong, but he wasn't the first space traveller to make this mistake and fall into the trap of believing he'd come across some native human tribe.
Musasha came bounding back with a large bone clamped between her teeth.
"Drop, Musasha," commanded Leah.
"Oh my," gasped Daniel, " I believe that's a femur, and unless I'm very much mistaken, it's of human origin."
They became aware that the ground underfoot was very crunchy and looking down saw it was littered with bones and skulls.
Then, with no sound of any wind, the tall grass in front of them began to part, revealing a horrifying sight.

The ground parted and out came a set of huge jagged teeth. It was a lon-lon, a beast that feeds on anything that passes by, the bones were strewed about for the lon-lon would spit them up after it had stripped them of flesh.
Ahren quickly grabbed Leah and pulled her to safety, but Dan wasn't so lucky. The lon-lon lunged out at him, took him by the legs and pulled him under. That was the last of him, for there was nothing that could save him. Leah began to cry.
"Im sorry" said Ahren, trying to comfort her.

"Ahren," Leah sobbed, "this time I want revenge. Daniel never hurt anyone and I want that awful creature destroyed."
"What we could do with is a couple of hand grenades. Drop 'em into his mouth when he surfaces." said Ahren.
"Right," said Leah, rubbing her eyes,"let's go get some."
"Maybe a few rocket launchers would come in handy too." muttered Ahren. His imagination was really getting fired up now.
Gathering Musasha up, they headed for the teleporter to find the nearest ammunition supply depot.

So they decided to go to Earth, which had been the leader in weapons thanks to its people always at war since the beginning of man on the planet.

It was good to come back to earth again.
The teleporter had landed in a desert which showed signs of recent warfare. Nearby they found a cave and quietly sneaking inside, helped themselves to some land-mines, grenades and a couple of rocket launchers.
"That should do the trick." said Ahren.
They would have liked to stay longer on earth but it didn't look like a very safe place to be.
Back in the land of the Lon-lon, they devised a plan to destroy the monster.
Using Musasha as bait, they would lure the Lon-lon towards carefully laid out land-mines and be at the ready with grenades and the rocket launchers if necessary.
"For goodness sakes, Leah," shouted Ahren, "turn the flippin' rocket launcher round the other way. You're going to take out the teleporter!!"

Ahren knew exactly what to do to get Musash to bait the trap correctly. He picked up one of the lon-lon's discarded bones, and seeing if Musasha would fetch, tossed one near the monsters dig.

Musasha cought on to the trick.
Why make me the bait, thought Musasha. Then she said, in plain english to Ahren "How 'bout you go and get the bone"
Ahrens jaw dropped to the ground.
"The cat got your tongue? Litterally I mean that I can speak your language. Ive been able to talk all along. I just chose to be a pet."

"You mean you're refusing to do it, Musasha? " asked Leah, in astonishment.
"Yep!" growled Musasha, stubbornly sitting down and gnawing on the bone of some poor, unfortunate creature. "I'M not going to end up as a Lon-lon snack!"
Ahren and Leah looked at each other.
"Well, who's going to act as decoy then?"
"I will." said Ahren.
"No, let me do it." said Leah.
"No, I think I should."
"But you're a better shot with the rocket launcher."
They were making so much noise arguing that they disturbed the Lon-lon and he suddenly reared up out of the ground.
All hell broke loose.

It tripped the landmines, which exploded but only slowed it down for second allowing the pack time to escape. The lon-lon had armored skin that was near impossible to penetrate, but the rocket launcher would do the job. Ahren aimed the rocket launcher and fired. To his surprise something blew up behind him. "I guess you did have it right," he said, rather embarrassed. "Now what?"
"I got an idea," said Leah "how bout next time it opens its mouth we toss a grenade in, that should do the trick."
So they let

the dust settle down and started throwing rocks at it, in the hope it would get annoyed, let out a roar and open it's mouth.
The plan worked. Ahren threw a well-aimed grenade at it's gaping mouth and Leah backed it up with a blast from the rocket-launcher.
There was a mighty explosion.

Back