• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strange Things Part II. Role Play

All they had to do was find the tree. Delgada handed them a magic stick. "It will point you in the right direction," said the wizard.
They happily accepted the magic muffle stick.
"Great!" said Ahren. "We should have no problem now finding the great tree. By the way Delgada, what is this mushroom for?"
"Well," said the wizard, "It's for me to know and you to find out. Just don't eat it."
"Why?"
"Ok, it's for a rash I have. Now you know! Just bring it quickly. Please."

Ahren strode off with the magic muffle stick held aloft. As well as having directional finding qualities it gave out a bright glow so they could see in the night.
"Wait for me," called Leah, her legs were a lot shorter and she was tripping over tree roots.
The muffle stick led them farther and farther into the dark eerie forest, strange grunts and cries came from the surrounding darkness and the two began to feel quite spooked. No wonder Delgarda hadn't gone on his own Talabut mushroom searching mission.
All of a sudden

a giant tiger leaped out. They ran away but the tiger didnt follow. Upon investigation the pair noticed it was chained up. Leah walked up to the tiger and found he was quite friendly.
"Be careful."
"wonder why he's tied up, who cares for him?"
They found a path, beyond the tiger, leading in the direction the mugle stick pointed. It was odd that the path was going straight to the source, the tree. They walked along the path, which was quite scary, until they reached the tree. Then they grabbed the talabut

mushroom, which immediately puffed out evil-smelling spores all over them. This had the immediate effect of making them completely fearless. Leah trotted back to the tiger, gave it a pat, untied it from the tree and took it for a walk. The tiger walked along quite happily, grateful to be released. Ahren, feeling even braver than usual decided

to follow the tiger. He didn't have a clue as to where Delgada's house lay. The tiger took them straight to Delgada's. It was miraculous how the tiger lead them straight back to the wizards hut. Delgada gave the tiger a treat and patted him on his back. "good Musasha," he said. "Now where did you guys want to go?"
"We want to visit a planet that harbors inteligent life." said Ahren. "What do you suggest?"
"Well, there is Omni-Crown 8. It's a planet much like Earth. Only it has dinosaurs, intelligent ones."

Leah told Ahren she wanted to take the tiger with them, it might come in handy with the dinosaurs.
"I was going to call it Spot, but I'll make that it's middle name."
Ahren sometimes despaired of her lack of imagination.
"She suits Mushasha, much better." he said.
"But it's a boy tiger Ahren, can't you tell the difference?"
They entered the teleporter that Delgarda provided, there wasn't much room with the tiger as well, but they all squashed in somehow.
"How long do you think it'll take to get to Omni-Crown 8, Ahren? I'm having trouble breathing."

as quick as the blink of an eye they were there. They landed in a jungle. They heard many sounds unknown to them.
"I think it's the sound of dinosaurs talking to one another," said Ahren. "Delgada said they were intelligent. Maybe it's them talking."
They heard them but couldn't make out different words. The dinos had a language of there own but Ahren and leah didn't have the ear to make out a language. To native ears it made sense but the couple heard nothing but noise.

" Ahren, they may be intelligent, but are they friendly?"
Mushasha was growling away to himself - he obviously didn't think so. They crept quietly through the jungle and coming to a clearing, peered round a tree to see a large gathering of many different dinosaurs. There were stegosaurus, diplodocus, brontosaurus, tyranosaurus and pteranodon-you name it, they were there. They seemed to be having a meeting of some sort, with much heated discussion and this is what the pair had heard. If only they could understand what all the fuss was about.

The dinosaurs instantly fell silent as a huge tyranosaur barked what seemed to be an order and they all scattered. He must have been the leader, clearly his size told he was for he was the largest in the gathering. He was larger than any t-rex fossils found on earth, almost twice as big. After the adjournment he started heading towards where Ahren and Leah were.
"I think we should be leaving," said Ahren. "Let's find us a shelter for the night. I don't want to be out in the dark with these things."

They managed to find a huge old hollowed out tree, with plenty of dry leaves to make a comfortable resting place. Ahren had bought a devil stick with him and with this he lit a fire and illuminated their surrroundings. The hollow trunk acted as a chimney. Mushasha Spot kept guard at the door. A bit of stray dinosaur meat would go down quite nicely, he thought.
On the inside walls of the tree were strange whirly-twirly marks, obviously made by some being, they could not have appeared naturally. Leah traced them with her finger, they started to glow and everything around began to shimmer and pulsate.

The light intensified as a magic door appeared in the wall.
"I wonder where it leads."
"There's only one way to find out!"
"You first."
Leah pushed the door open. The two stould at the door and gazed through. Musasha growled and jumped through, evedently she was protecting the couple. They went in after her and saw she had a man pinned to the ground mauling him.
"Musasha, no!"
She instantly backed off at the sound of Leah's voice.

" I told you I was hungry," Musasha seemed to say in a look.
They helped the injured man up off the ground and rested him up against the tree wall. He wasn't badly hurt, Musasha had only really rough and tumbled him a bit. Once he'd got his breath back, he was able to explain that he was the guardian of the dinosaurs and the magic door led to his underground home. He invited them all to stay the night, gave Musasha a good feed so there wasn't the danger of him getting eaten, and told them all about life on this strange planet.

In his description he mentioned how God had planted the dinosaurs on the planet because they were such fun on Earth, only this time he made them intelligent enough to speak a language. The keeper also mentioned why God put him on the planet; to be a mediator between the different clans of dinosaurs so that there would be harmony. He rambled on and on about the hierarchy of the dinosaurs and how they actually knew of God. See the dinos didn't fellowship with God, like the keeper did, but they

liked to gather together for Sunday School each week and hear all about him.
The keeper, whose name was Daniel, could speak Dinosaur, a very complicated language, which had taken him many years of study. Each different species of dinosaur had a different dialect and Daniel was able to act as a go-between.
Leah found this all very interesting but felt it was probably time to move on.
"What do you reckon Ahren, do you want to explore this planet some more or shall we teleport off somewhere else?"

Ahren just ignored her, she took it that he wanted to stay awhile. She shook him "It's just that the dinosaurs scare me" she went on, "plus we don't know their tongue. How we supposed to communicate with them?"
"Good point. I guess we should leave then." Ahren turned towards Danial. "Just tell me one thing, Danial. You said you fellowship with God, what's He like?"
"Well, he's different than a man but he looks like one. He has a son named Jesus, who was once a man"
"yeah, we know that part. Our home planet

doesn't think it's PC to talk about Jesus anymore. They even try to say that he was just a man and not God's son at all. Our planet is becoming spiritually bereft and that is why we decided to seek the truth by visiting other worlds."
" Ahren," said Leah, " if you want to stay here longer to learn more, I'll be fine. Musasha will protect me from the dinosaurs and Daniel can translate for us."

Ahren said he'd like to stay one more day. He and Daniel sat up long into the night discussing God's existence and how it was so improbable that a universe that worked so wonderfully well could have just been a product of chance.
Leah decided to try her hand at navigation by plotting the next course to take.
After much chewing on her pencil and calculations that involved squaring pi and multiplying by the angle on the hypotenuse side; taking two trains travelling in opposite directions at speeds of 100 mph and 70 mph and calculating when they would meet; filling a bath-tub with water at a speed of 3 gals per minute whilst draining it out the plug-hole at 2 gals per minute, she came up with what she thought was a very feasible route to take.
She showed it proudly to Ahren who looked pretty stunned. Being very polite, however, he

didnt think much about it.
They couldnt sleep that night so they talked all through the night waiting till dawn to venture out into this bold new world. What would they discover in this strange new world.
Ahren was eager to see what this world had to offer. He couldn't wait to see what awaited them.
When the sun peeked out saying "good morning" they decided to explore this new bold new world. They took Dan with them.

They all jammed into the teleporter, with Leah clambering on to Musasha's back to make room for Daniel. The teleporter developed a serious star-board list.
It was a pity Ahren hadn't taken more notice of Leah's navigational skills, or lack of. He punched her co-ordinates into the onboard computer without a second thought.
All of a sudden, lights started flashing and sirens wailed. They shot off into space at a 45° angle and proceeded to bounce off random asteroids and meteorites.
It proved to be a rather uncomfortable journey.

In the ensuing tumult, Ahren gave his head a violent bang on the wall of the teleporter, rendering him unconscious. When he came to, he had temporarily lost his ability to write. ( Hence Leah had to take over the story until his amnesia passed.)
"That's the last time I trust you to navigate ANYTHING!" he growled.
Leah looked startled, she'd never heard Ahren lose his cool before, but put it down to his sore head and the rough ride.
Usually the teleporter transported them to the next world in the blink of an eye, but this time something had gone seriously wrong.
When they finally landed with an almighty jolt and prised open the buckled door, they were met with the sight of a very wet land. Rain lashed down almost horizontally, great waterfalls cascaded from the mountains. The ground was covered in lush plant growth and moss, with luxuriant lichens dangling from the trees.

Back