• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Team America

RainbowGurl

I watched this the other day. Its like a puppet movie. Its created from the ones who make South Park so of course its funny but quite crude! :p Anyone else seen this movie?

Can't say that I have, but any movie that angers Sean Penn can't be that bad. ;) I'll have to pick that one up some time.

I was a bit disappointed by this movie. There are some great scenes in this movie, but a few good scenes does not make a movie. It felt a bit like they had jokes enough for a 30 min southpark episode, but decided to stretch it out to a 1,5 hour long movie.

It was funny in parts and then there were parts where the same jokes were recycled over and over again which became dull. The attention to detail was great, however.

It was a very funny movie, but I was hoping for more from it. It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember thinking that the message was too open for interpretation. I know quite a few right-wing Americans who watched it and got a completely different message out of it. In my opinion, if you're going to do a political satire about something so serious, you shouldn't get cold feet at the conclusion and leave the rest of the movie open to interpretation.

I love the theme song: America, **** yeah!. This movie was great. It simultaneously insulted politics, foreign affairs, and America, all in one. The DVD extra are great too. They went through a lot crap to get this movie finished.

dele said:
In my opinion, if you're going to do a political satire about something so serious, you shouldn't get cold feet at the conclusion and leave the rest of the movie open to interpretation.
I thought the movie purposely gave out opposing messages. I thought it was done to make sure that EVERYONE seemed ridiculous, not just one or two specific groups. No one was spared. That's what I liked best about the whole thing, actually :)

KristoCat said:
I thought the movie purposely gave out opposing messages. I thought it was done to make sure that EVERYONE seemed ridiculous, not just one or two specific groups. No one was spared. That's what I liked best about the whole thing, actually :)
Good point. I'll have to re-watch it with that in mind.

It's definitely one of those films that is hilarious the first time you watch it, but decreases in laughter as you watch it.

Back