• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tell me if this has been done...

Irene Wilde

but I just started wondering. All these colorful monikers...where do they come from? How did you come by your screen name?

Irene Wilde
(Which is a song title and not my name)

I've told this story before but don't remind repeating it if you don't mind hearing it.

Mine is in rememberence of my dog. He was a 200 pound Newfoundland that died about 3 years ago, after 9 years by my side. His name was Excalibur's Raven Knight....Raven.

Raven is a very common name used on forums, so I tweaked it a bit to be able to use it. Hence.....

RaVeN

Themistocles was a famous Athenian statesman and general, renowned for initiating the building of the Athenian Navy without which the Persians would not have been beaten at Salamis, and also for being a bit of a schemer. I originally chose it as a tag for online gaming as I play mainly RTS online and I deemed such a Machiavellian, yet inspired leader suitable to be associated with.

Started out as a joke name with a friend, but it just stuck and I got so used to it that now I mostly use this name.

Irene Wilde said:
but I just started wondering. All these colorful monikers...where do they come from? How did you come by your screen name?

Irene Wilde
(Which is a song title and not my name)
My screen name RainbowGurl came around because I like Rainbows and I had the email of rainbow_gurl14@hotmail.com so I was known as Rainbow Gurl. i don't have that email address anymore but people on MSN still sometimes call me Rainbow Gurl :p

RaVeN said:
I've told this story before but don't remind repeating it if you don't mind hearing it.

Mine is in rememberence of my dog. He was a 200 pound Newfoundland that died about 3 years ago, after 9 years by my side. His name was Excalibur's Raven Knight....Raven.

Raven is a very common name used on forums, so I tweaked it a bit to be able to use it. Hence.....

RaVeN
Aww! :( *Tears form in my eyes*

its my last name (ok just michel, not mr)
i usually use anne rice characters names, like lasher, ashlar or lestat, but i got a new adress which i wanted to look a little more serious (just like martin) so i ended with mr_michel@msn.com, and since lasher, etc.., are already taken in most forums :eek: , i decide to use mr_michel as well :)

I named myself after one of my favorite singer/songwriters, Thea Gilmore. It's also just a pretty name. :)

mr_michel said:
its my last name (ok just michel, not mr)
i usually use anne rice characters names, like lasher, ashlar or lestat, but i got a new adress which i wanted to look a little more serious (just like martin) so i ended with mr_michel@msn.com, and since lasher, etc.., are already taken in most forums :eek: , i decide to use mr_michel as well :)
*Spams you* :p

I choose my name because I'm such a saintly, pure and innocent person ... *cough* ;) It's actually from The Ballad of Halo Jones, one of my all time favourite graphic novels from Alan Moore. :)

mine came about as a joke, from a friend of mine who was a "baddad". we ended up on the same forum and it sort of stuck, partly because my son thinks that its just hilarious. unfortunately i get tons of email and messages on yahoo and msn from people who want to know just how "badd" i am. it gets irritating. i mean, really, i just wish they could think of something original.

Back