• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

***The 1st annual TBF Secret Santa***

SFG75

It's christmas time, and you know what that means-time to spread some christmas cheer to your fellow TBF members.:) Due to the encouragement of another member, I've set up this years SS, we'll see how it goes.:cool:

How does it work?-You send me your name and I will randomly draw names using a randomizer(educational research thing) to match people up.

Then what?-You then send a little something(a card, a book, a decoration) or a "virtual" gift(i.e.-picture of a ferrari, picture of The Da Vinci Code, etc.)

Why do it?
-Great way to get to know one another
-It's cool to receive things
-It's dirt cheap
-You'll inflate your post count if you play your cards right.

When does it end?-Christmas day of course

Participants(so far)
SFG75
Kookamor

Sounds like fun, but how secret can it be if somebody receives a package from Canada, Kansas, or Nebraska? Or does it really matter at that point?

abecedarian said:
Sounds like fun, but how secret can it be if somebody receives a package from Canada, Kansas, or Nebraska? Or does it really matter at that point?

LOL-luck of the draw I suppose, If a drawing gets too obvious, I'll do it again or something.

Updated list
SFG75
Kookamor
Turqun
abecedarian

Is there anyway we can get a idea for each person that is involved in something little they would like. for example: a title of a book or something to help with what to get?

mom2kngr said:
Is there anyway we can get a idea for each person that is involved in something little they would like. for example: a title of a book or something to help with what to get?
Go to their previous posts and do a little research! I think that's part of the fun!!

Hey SFG, can we have two seperate lists - one for virtual gifts and one for physical gifts? That way people can be comfortable and give to someone within their own category.

Go to their previous posts and do a little research! I think that's part of the fun!!

Yeah, that would be great just to go and search. I am just afraid of buying them a book that they maybe already have gotten or may not interest them. I am a worry wart about people not liking their gifts.....Can u tell?:eek:

Kookamoor said:

Hey SFG, can we have two seperate lists - one for virtual gifts and one for physical gifts? That way people can be comfortable and give to someone within their own category.

You are just too awesome Kook. I would edit the post, but alas, I can't.:( That is a heck of an idea. I'll keep a running list until then.

Participants:
SFG75
Kookamor
abecedarian
Turque
CDA

Gifts:
*CDA
*SFG75
*abecedarian
*Turque(sp)

"Virtual gift people
*Anyone who doesn't want to give out addy for any reason.

--Kook, where do you want to be placed in this?

--mom2kngr, same thing-which are ya?:)

-In regards to your question, I think there are a few ways to find that out. Some folks have participated in the TBR thread, others list favorite authors, and there are sneaky ways......PM to be sent.:cool:

mom2kngr said:
Yeah, that would be great just to go and search. I am just afraid of buying them a book that they maybe already have gotten or may not interest them. I am a worry wart about people not liking their gifts.....Can u tell?:eek:

Maybe you're thinking too large..bookmarks are always fun, as are packets of tea or flavored coffees..and postcards make wonderful bookmarks...

SFG75 said:
You are just too awesome Kook. I would edit the post, but alas, I can't.:( That is a heck of an idea. I'll keep a running list until then.

Participants:
SFG75
Kookamor
abecedarian
Turque
CDA

Gifts:
*CDA
*SFG75
*abecedarian
*Turque(sp)

"Virtual gift people
*Anyone who doesn't want to give out addy for any reason.

--Kook, where do you want to be placed in this?

--mom2kngr, same thing-which are ya?:)

-In regards to your question, I think there are a few ways to find that out. Some folks have participated in the TBR thread, others list favorite authors, and there are sneaky ways......PM to be sent.:cool:

Midwesterner's translation: Ve Haf veys to get around such obstacles ;)

abecedarian said:
Midwesterner's translation: Ve Haf veys to get around such obstacles ;)

LOL-Isn't that the truth!.:cool: :cool:

Mom2knger-Glad to have ya in:)

Gift
*abecedarian
*CDA
*Kookamor
*mom2kngr
*SFG75
*Turque

"virtual" gift:

I think I got everyone:) -Kook, right category?:confused:

Put me under virtual, SFG. I'm an untrusting soul :p . I'm also moving in a few weeks time.

For the 'real gift' people I think that a $5 limit should be imposed. I think this should be more about thinking of something fun and creative. That way we'll avoid any sort of extravagent spending and people will have to think a little harder! Man, I could ransack the dollar store and come up with some great treats!

Kookamoor said:
Put me under virtual, SFG. I'm an untrusting soul :p . I'm also moving in a few weeks time.

For the 'real gift' people I think that a $5 limit should be imposed. I think this should be more about thinking of something fun and creative. That way we'll avoid any sort of extravagent spending and people will have to think a little harder! Man, I could ransack the dollar store and come up with some great treats!

That's a terrific idea Kook. Fun should not equal pricey.

Update

Gift
*abecedarian
*CDA
*mom2kngr
*SFG75
*Turque

"virtual" gift:
*Monkeycatcher
*Kookamor

Great idea regarding the price Kookamor!. That will definitely alleviate any concerns.

Update

Update

Gift
*abecedarian
*CDA
*mom2kngr
*SFG75
*Turque
*clueless

"virtual" gift:
*Monkeycatcher
*Kookamor

Thanks to clueless for joining.:)

I've just realised that if this all works out, it'll be the first time I've given anyone anything for Christmas for over ten years! :eek::):D

Update

Gift
*abecedarian
*CDA
*mom2kngr
*SFG75
*Turque
*clueless
*cajunmama

"virtual" gift:
*Monkeycatcher
*Kookamor

cajunmama,mom2kngr--I need names and physical addresses for your "real" gift portion to give to your SS. PMs sent to both of ya. :)

What date should we commence this thing??? Any thoughts???:confused: :confused:

Back