• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

***The 1st annual TBF Secret Santa***

But it might take longer to get something sent to Canada or the UK..maybe Dec 11 would be better? That way the goal can be to get something in the mail by around the 15-17th..just a thought.

But it might take longer to get something sent to Canada or the UK..maybe Dec 11 would be better? That way the goal can be to get something in the mail by around the 15-17th..just a thought.

Yeah I agree with u! I ordered a book to send to a friend last year from Amazon, and it took it a little over 2 weeks to get it to Canada.

I have all the addresses and we're ready to go. The 11th would work great. The only question is--do we want to wait until the 11th or should we wait for others to enter?

It's go time!

Okay, PMs sent regarding who has who, have fun!.:) I didn't select anyone or have anyone for me, as I figure it would be better if I was a mediator of sorts. Want info from your secret santa gift wise?, want to know what books they like? PM me and I'll ask them for ya.;)

This was a great idea! But let's plan ahead next year. Maybe open it up in November, with the goal being to have the matches made by the weekend after Thanksgiving. Just a thought. I'll try not to let it happen again;)

Gee, just got back from vacation yesterday and found this thread today. :(

Oh well, there's always next year.

abecedarian said:
This was a great idea! But let's plan ahead next year. Maybe open it up in November, with the goal being to have the matches made by the weekend after Thanksgiving. Just a thought. I'll try not to let it happen again;)

No, you're right. Most of the people on the list are americans, but not all. I'm willing to bet at least one person will get a gift after Christmas due to shipping times.

Definitely changes will be made for next year. An earlier start, perhaps grouping people based on geography to minimize cost, as well as some other things as well. This was constructed very late and people will be receiving stuff after the holidays. Please dont' feel bad about that, that isn't anyone's fault.

I do have to give Kookamor credit for having the idea of the SS in the first place. She read a thread about a forum that I use to be on and she suggested that we bring this here. Kook has been an excellent member who problem solves conflicts and truly enriches the board, this idea to bring the SS to TBF is no exception on her part. If you are having a great time and enjoy what you give and got, send her a good PM.:)

Woooooooooooooooooo!

My virtual gift arrived in my PM box today thanks to CDA!!! What is it? Check out my signature! It'll be up for the christmas period!

Aww! I just read your comment, SFG. Thanks so much! I'm all warm and fuzzy!! Man, this is a brilliant Tuesday!

That is really neat, Kookamoor!

Has anybody else received any of theirs yet? Or are we not suppose to post that?

Kookamoor said:
Woooooooooooooooooo!

My virtual gift arrived in my PM box today thanks to CDA!!! What is it? Check out my signature! It'll be up for the christmas period!

What a cool gift! I for one am grateful for the background info on Kooks;) Good job CDA!

Looks nice as a siggy Kookamor!, I like the decorations on the top and bottom of it. CDA-bless ya man, you did more with that program than I probably will if given the next ten years to learn it.:D :D

Is everyone good with the info they have on "their" person?

Personally, the problem solving abilities of Kookamors is legendary-did anyone click on the Kookamors throughout history thing?

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

But remember:

A Kook is for life, not just for Christmas.

CDA said:
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

But remember:

A Kook is for life, not just for Christmas.

We are fortunate to have our Kook with us. I hope she is here forever.

Back