• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

***The 1st annual TBF Secret Santa***

CDA said:
OMG! NO NO NO! How can this be allowed to happen in this day and age???

Oh, and CDA - that's my cousin Bertamoor, who's got quite the elbow drop on him. That yeti won't know what hit him :D .

mom2kngr said:
Has anybody else received any of theirs yet? Or are we not suppose to post that?

I got mine, and I am very amused by it. It actually arrived on Christmas Eve - perfect timing.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to say who it's from if it's an actual physical gift, so for now I'll just say a public thanks to my Secret Santa!

SFG75 - what be the rules?

CDA said:
I got mine, and I am very amused by it. It actually arrived on Christmas Eve - perfect timing.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to say who it's from if it's an actual physical gift, so for now I'll just say a public thanks to my Secret Santa!

SFG75 - what be the rules?

Okay, time to reveal!. Show and/or tell what you got from your SS. :) A few folks might have another week to go before getting their stuff. :)

Kudos to Kookamor once again-one heck of an idea this was on her part.

SFG75 said:
Okay, time to reveal!. Show and/or tell what you got from your SS. :) A few folks might have another week to go before getting their stuff. :)

Kudos to Kookamor once again-one heck of an idea this was on her part.

Ok then! I got a book called Wit and Wisdom- Inspirational Thoughts on Life. It's a collection of amusing comments by loads of different people. Some of the comments make me want to track down the people responsible and kill them - others are really funny! A good combination lol! An example: "It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious." Each comment has a picture of an animal to go with it, and some of them are just really freaky-looking. Makes one think that it there are so many weird looking critters on this one planet alone, what else is out there in the universe?

So: thanks MonkeyCatcher! :D:D

CDA said:
Ok then! I got a book called Wit and Wisdom- Inspirational Thoughts on Life. It's a collection of amusing comments by loads of different people. Some of the comments make me want to track down the people responsible and kill them - others are really funny! A good combination lol! An example: "It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious." Each comment has a picture of an animal to go with it, and some of them are just really freaky-looking. Makes one think that it there are so many weird looking critters on this one planet alone, what else is out there in the universe?

So: thanks MonkeyCatcher! :D:D
That sounds like a wonderful gift. :cool:

abecedarian said:
My gift arrived on Christmas Eve also. Thanks to Kook for the beautiful bookplates and matching bookmark!

Leave it to Kook to carry through.:)

My gift was a really great looking cookbook that I'm looking forward to trying some recipes out of. I haven't had a chance to breathe the past few days so I haven't picked a specific recipe out yet, but I will soon.

My gift arrived today!! It is a novel- 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith. I can't wait to read it. Thank you so much, whoever you are (although I know you are in the UK, so that narrows it down a little :p )

abecedarian said:
My gift arrived on Christmas Eve also. Thanks to Kook for the beautiful bookplates and matching bookmark!
:) I'm so glad they arrived in time!! I hope you and everyone else had a wonderful christmas!

Lots of thanks to mom2kngr, who sent me a Roald Dahl diary. It's great; the only problem is it might make my chocolate addiction worse.

Back