• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The best movies you never heard of

I liked Kalifornia. David Duchovny plays a writer who decides to go on a road trip to research his book about mass murderers. This was also one of Brad Pitt's earlier film roles; he plays a psychotic redneck. He did a good job too. If you like dark, atmospheric murder mysteries then you should check this one out.

A movie not many people have heard of is The Power of Oneits a really amazing movie about the african apartheid, and a young boy determined to change it.

id suggest seeing it.

OurLungs said:
A movie not many people have heard of is The Power of Oneits a really amazing movie about the african apartheid, and a young boy determined to change it.

id suggest seeing it.
Have you read the book? It's amazing - by Bryce Courtenay, if I'm not mistaken :)

OurLungs said:

id suggest seeing it.

Is that with Stephen Dorff? I may have watched that movie in my Human Conscience class...

Mind the Doors
It's about a group of trogladites who live in a London underground. So bad it's brilliant.
Anyone seen it?

manatherindrell said:
Anybody else have a great movie you watched that most people haven't heard of? Mines Ladyhawke.

My contributions to the genre category of Best Unknown Films is "Best Seller", a violent little Cagney-esque thriller from the 1980s, starring James Woods as an assasin who forms an odd partnership with Brian Denehy's cop-turned-true-crime-writer. You have to get over a little age with this one, but it's a very effective revenge/redemption flick.

Wabbit said:
Not that many people have heard of Run Lola Run, but I love it. I would probably put it in my top 5 movies of all time if somebody put a gun to my heard.
Really? That's the one movie everyone knows in Europe, as far as I know.

Not sure if this movie is well-known in other lands (and God I hope it's not), but I watched a movie called "Dead Dudes in the House" at someone's birthday a few years back.

Sooooo baaad that it's freakin' hilarious. Two stand-out scenes: a scary grandmother threatening our dudes (doilies scare me to this day), and a 'dude' getting his hands chopped off by a window and going "Aaah, oh no, ouch".

Brilliant:)

lies said:
Really? That's the one movie everyone knows in Europe, as far as I know.

Yep, got my copy. Wasn't too keen on Potente's role in the Anatomie "franchise", but the first was enjoyable anyway. The second was a bit silly although at least it didn't go down the comedy route that most horror sequels do.

Stewart said:
Yep, got my copy. Wasn't too keen on Potente's role in the Anatomie "franchise", but the first was enjoyable anyway. The second was a bit silly although at least it didn't go down the comedy route that most horror sequels do.
Never watched the Anatomie movies. Not my cup of tea, I always figured. I quite like Franka Potente though. Even when she's not a redhead.

Back