• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Fortunately, the Narnia series has been around and considered classics for a number of years. HP is just the new kid on the block.
I too, am happy(understatement!) to see the great improvements in children's movies. Although I almost hate to see them tagged as such. A good story can and should be for the whole family. The quality we're talking about was evident in the Anne of Green Gables film with Megan Follows as Anne, so this upward trend isn't just for fantasy films. When we first saw it, my dh and I wondered why the film industry was so slow to produce more movies of this quality.

I took my son to see the film yesterday and it was very good. I was very impressed with the battle scene as they managed it all without showing any blood or gore at all which was nice for the younger children.

I'm not a Narnia fan, haven't even read the books, but I saw the movie and was amazed by the vast amount of Christianity symbols. All the main characters and some of the major events relate back to prominent people and events in the history or basis of Chrisitianity. From what I heard the movie was very acurate to the books though.

I loved this movie. I saw it about exactely a week ago. My favorite part in it was the battle at the end. I have read the book, and also liked that too.

My hubby and I went and watched the movie last night and absolutely loved it. Our only quibble was they might have made the professor look a little less like the wicked uncle in the Lemony Snicket movie:p Aslan was done beautifully; Liam Neeson was a brilliant choice for his voice.

Rhapsody said:
Finally saw it today and I thought it was wonderful, the four kids all did a great job in it!
The one kid I thought did the best was... well nevermind, that is to hard of a choice. If I had to though it would be the boy who acted out Edmund, because he would have had to put the most effort into his part.

Great movie I have not read the books but I am in the middle of getting them so I can't wait to find out what happens with Narnia...

Aragorn said:
The one kid I thought did the best was... well nevermind, that is to hard of a choice. If I had to though it would be the boy who acted out Edmund, because he would have had to put the most effort into his part.

The actor who played Edmund looks just like a boy down the street..could be Chad's brother or cousin, he looks so much like him.

Finally saw this one this past weekend. My niece and nephew love it and have watched it 5,983 times to be precise. My 3 year old loves the show as well, especially whenever the lion appears. The wolves make him run for cover though.:D Interesting story, I can see why it appeals to the young set as it does. Definitely a classic as far as movies go(not so certain about books, but that's the topic for another thread)

I personaly LOVED it. I've always been a fan of Narnia, and have read it many times.

And Aragorn, I think you are refering to Skander Keyes?

This would suck. I knew it. I didn't like the Magician's Nephew, and because of it I stayed away from the other Narnia books. All the blurbs in the world comparing it to Earthsea did nothing to sway me from my convictions.

But I had to test my new LCD TV. So I had no choice but to pop in my Narnia DVD. It's a test, you see. I don't give hoot about the movie. Just the visuals.

However, I was more than pleasantly surprised. Wonderful movie, and I totally *totally* loved the siblings dynamic in the movie.

I thought it ironic that Aslan named Susan 'Gentle' after barely 5 minutes had passed when she buried an arrow at an enemy.

ds

Back