• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

The Known World-Edward P. Jones

"The evening his master died he worked gain well after he ended the day for the other adults,his own wife among them,and sent them back with hunger and tiredness to their cabins."

I can see by my watch, without taking my hand from the left grip of the cycle, that it is eight-thirty in the morning.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

The Known World-Edward P. Jones

"The evening his master died he worked gain well after he ended the day for the other adults,his own wife among them,and sent them back with hunger and tiredness to their cabins."

Getting an early start, Libra?

"The sun came in at a slant and hit all the rings and marks on the bar counter."

Firefly Summer by Maeve Binchy.

The blow catches him from the right, sharp and surprising and painful, like a bolt of electricity, lifting him up off the bicycle.

Slow Man by J. M. Coetzee

Do forgive me for bothering you again, but I simply had to see you today - I want you to hear my side of the stroy, from beginning to end.

Quicksand by Junichiro Tanizaki

There is an hour known intimately to all who rouse to meet it, a time when darkness sheds fully the cloak of twilight and the streets fall still and silent, a time when shadows convene, become one, dissolve.

The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari

Cain had been awakened by the frenzied whinnying of a horse below his window in the street.

Soul Catcher by Michael White

My Lord, when you ask me to tell the court in my own words, this is what I shall say.

The Book of Evidence by John Banville

Everyone thought she had made it up, and she had tolerated more taunting and teasing from other children, more lectures and punishments from grown-ups, than any eleven-year-old should have to bear

The Looking Glass Wars By Frank Beddor

it was morning, and a new sun sparkled gold across the ripples of a gentle sea.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach

Timothy Findley-The Last of the Crazy People

On the last day of school,in June,Hooker had looked at the crowded,busy schoolyard,and he had sighed with relief.

The pig was young and wary,a yearling boar timidly testing the wind for strange scents as it ventured out into the honey-coloured light of a fast-fading day.

Hood by Stephen Lawhead.

"The sun rose slowly, as if it wasn't sure it was worth all the effort."

-The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett

Back