• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the Harry Potter novels thread

Dont you think that there are many flaws in the HP series in succesive books?
like how does dobby apparate in and out of Hogwarts in the second book to meet harry in the hospital wing?
also Hermione being given the time turner by the ministry to "attend her lectures" is ridiculous.
And in the fourth book, will somebody explain why did barty crouch have to convert the triwizard cup only into a portkey?He could easily have made ,say, a book into one and given it to Harry rather than having to ensure that harry would survive the whole tournament to reach the cup first

Hasnt been announced yet, i wouldnt expect it to be for another couple of years either :confused: <sighs> Why cant these authors just hurry up and write their books faster, hey? :p

Phil :)

Well, she'd better hurry - those kiddos aren't getting any younger. It would be very distressing to have 30 year olds playing 17.

I have to say, thats already a problem with the latest film, having seen the trailer, i cant honestly say that they look 13!! :confused:

Phil

sheesh I should've posted here earlier, I deserve a place here =)

(I'm a Harry Potter fan!) =X Like you didn't know that. =/

Anyway I thought the books are awesome. JK Rowling has that talent of capturing exactly the way people react to situations. From the side comments to the silly expressions... I love the books. <3

I read a bizarre casting rumour today that Kate Winslet could be up for the role of Fleur Delacour!! Isn't she about two decades too old? :confused: (miaow!)

That is very bizarre!! Hopefully she wont go round flashing her tits like she does in every other movie :)

Phil

Halo said:
I read a bizarre casting rumour today that Kate Winslet could be up for the role of Fleur Delacour!! Isn't she about two decades too old? :confused: (miaow!)

My friend told me she heard about that on the radio!

But I didn't know she was supposed to be Fleur :eek: I think she's too old for the part. But considering what they've done with Moaning Myrtle... *shivers* Kate doesn't even look the part of a Veela! (spelling?)

Kate as Fleur???? can there be a bigger miscast! Besides Fleur was a girl who had to eeeemprooove her eeeeenglish so she should have been a foreigner right?

one good news i heard was that the guy who played Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars will play Lupin. now he would be a perfect Lupin!

aaaah ewan Mcgregor! i had forgotten the name

of course this is from a news article which claimed this was from a "highly placed inside source" and so it might be wrong ;)

Back