• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the Harry Potter novels thread

i think i may have a clue....

im new to these forums but i really dont know. ive been thinking about how JK's writing style has changed over the years. she has definately made each book in the series darker than its predecessor. it makes me wonder whether she may... i hate to say this... kill harry off. :( in some interview the reporter asked her whether she was going to write any books about harry after he graduated hogwarts. She responded with " you seem so certain he will not die" (<not an exact quote) i dont want her to, but she may... :(

It's for the best. After writing a series of - what I believe will be - seven books where the character has, basically, consumed her life then she would want to move on as a writer and try new grounds. If she was to let Harry live then the fans would demand a new Harry Potter book, the publishers and distributors would demand a new Harry Potter book, and deep down in her heart JK Rowling may want to write another Harry Potter book. If she kills him off she can move on artistically without being made to go back.

Mile-O-Phile said:
It's for the best. After writing a series of - what I believe will be - seven books where the character has, basically, consumed her life then she would want to move on as a writer and try new grounds. If she was to let Harry live then the fans would demand a new Harry Potter book, the publishers and distributors would demand a new Harry Potter book, and deep down in her heart JK Rowling may want to write another Harry Potter book. If she kills him off she can move on artistically without being made to go back.

I'd have to agree with her not necessarily wanting to be forced into writing more about Harry. And it might be the best solution, after all is said and done. I'm certainly don't want to see Harry die, but I understand if she does kill him off. Oddly enough, I'd be more upset if say, one of the Weasley's died....I can see why she'd kill Harry, but I'd hate to lose a Weasley.

Mile-O-Phile said:
Dare I ask what a weasley may be?

The Weasley's are a wizard family, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, who belong to the Order of the Pheonix, and then their childern Bill, who works for Gringotts -the wizard bank, Charlie, who works with Dragons in Romania, Fred and George (twins), who graduated from Hogwarts in the end of the fourth book and now opened a sucessful joke shop, Ron, who is in the same class and house as Harry and his best friend, and finally Ginny, a girl in her fourth (?) year at Hogwarts also in the same house and has a HUGE crush on Harry. They are a really sweet family, although they are poor, and help Harry escape from his muggle family, and take him to the Quidwitch World Cup as well...

I agree it would be tragic for one of them to die. I'm not sure if anyone else will die because she already took care of eliminating a character when she killed Sirrus, but if anyone dies I think it will be Hermione. She is so smart and the only girl with Harry and Ron and would be missed sooooo deeply, but at the sametime almost forgotten because she is the only witch in her family, her parents both dentists.

Don't get him all started :D

You know what happened when he read Dan Brown, don't you? DON'T YOU? Do you want to go though that again?

SIGH!

Never mind Martin Jello! Don't read Harry Potter! :D

*whispers - coz it's crap* :D

*looks around*

Phew, nobody heard that! :cool:

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
You know what happened when he read Dan Brown, don't you? DON'T YOU? Do you want to go though that again?

There's a huge difference. I have nothing bad to say about JK Rowling.

Mile-O-Phile said:
No. And I won't.

What does my having read or not read them have to do with anything? :confused:

What does your not having read the books have to do with your posting in the Harry Potter thread??

Nothing Mile, nothing at all ;)

Phil

phil_t said:
What does your not having read the books have to do with your posting in the Harry Potter thread?

I never made a comment on any of the books themselves. I was merely viewing the logic of killing off Harry Potter from the artistic perspective.

I think that's justification to be here. :cool:

I never made a comment on any of the books themselves

Good, see that you dont!! ;)

I think that's justification to be here

Personally, i try to never have justification for posting in a thread, that way i feel like a naughty schoolboy :D

Phil (who has minor personal issues)

Back