• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict

yes,but which side?

SFG,do you know any way to stop it?

It doesn't matter which side. Either side will do. But I don't think it is going to happen. Both sides are too committed to their position to budge and in the meantime innocent people on both sides will continue to die. It has been going on for years and will continue for years to come. There will be periods of relative peace interspersed with periods of violence like now. Depressing, I know. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter which side. Either side will do. But I don't think it is going to happen. Both sides are too committed to their position to budge and in the meantime innocent people on both sides will continue to die. It has been going on for years and will continue for years to come. There will be periods of relative peace interspersed with periods of violence like now. Depressing, I know. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think it will happen either,but sometimes when we comfortably sit back (me) and say our opinion of what they should or should not do,I wonder if we were in their shoes , would we do anything different?
It saddens me that so many innocent people are getting killed in the middle of this.

Thanks for sharing Landslide,there have been so many protest around the world.Downtown Montreal has been dealing with protests every day.They have not been violent so that is good.

There have been protests all around the world. In Spain the Israeli embassy was atacked and in France the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has originated
anti-Semitic attacks. It proves it's true that hatred generates more hatred.

Is the UN really of any use in today's world scene?
It seems impotent, an exclusive club for constantly wining and dining retired diplomats...and the haste in which this Israeli assault was launched, in the very last days of the tame Bush administration, with the withdrawal as Obama comes on the scene, seems to mean that the US attitude to human rights violations and illegal occupation and settlement building is set to change.
It is to be hoped that Obama, with his childhood experience of Islam in Indonesia, will bring a more balanced approach to the middle-east situation.
Very disappointing to see Hilary the zionist mouthpiece brought back to life, though.

I don't think so. Nations feel free to blatantly ignore the things the UN says that contradict with their motives and there's really no way to enforce compliance. UN sanctions you say? :lol: Right. We've seen how well those work.

And no, I don't have a solution.

Well that depends on if you are talking about the UN as a whole or just the security council. Try to remember that the security council is just one branch of the UN.

But if you are talking about the security council its organisational structure pretty much made it obsolete before it was formed. However I doubt that its possible to make such an organisation and get every nation to agree to follow its orders.

Back