• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

jaybe

I haven't read the book but it was on TV last night. A drama adapted by Anthony Minghella and Richard Curtis. I loved it.:D

Anyone see it? A series is staring next year based on the other books.

It's a whole series, must be up to about seven books by now. Begin at the beginning and enjoy the wonderful characters. They are not soft, but very likable. Plus I enjoyed the picture of Botswana and hope it is accurate.

It's a whole series, must be up to about seven books by now. Begin at the beginning and enjoy the wonderful characters. They are not soft, but very likable. Plus I enjoyed the picture of Botswana and hope it is accurate.

My other half spent 10 years of his youth/early adulthood in next door South Africa and has enjoyed the books as well as the TV film, so I assume that he considers it as accurate a portrayal of the culture as he can know.

I thought that it was delightful – as were the books.

I missed it unfortunately but was intrigued by the original comment about the other books being made into films as well.

Is this the 44 Scotland Street - "series" of books by him? (of which I must confess I've only read the first one).

I missed it unfortunately but was intrigued by the original comment about the other books being made into films as well.

Is this the 44 Scotland Street - "series" of books by him? (of which I must confess I've only read the first one).

Correct – the 44 Scotland Street series are by Alexander McCall-Smith.

Back