• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the perfect actor for James Bond!

I just watch Élisabeth with clive Owen,and i must agree with the general opinion of advance brain-deadism,still why not the voice there,and i say he can wear a good suit,....what else is needed.

If it's not Sean Connery, it has to be Clive owen. I loved him and Cate Blanchette on Elizabeth!

I dislike Clive Owen, he annoys me. Craig isn't too bad as Bond I think...ooo and I liked Dalton, he had the funny chin thing going on. :D

If I recall correctly, Clive Owen's name was thrown around before they had cast Craig. On the Conan O'Brien show he was asked if he was going to the be the next Bond and he said he had never been contacted by the producers and he didn't really want the role anyway. I think it came down between Craig and the smarmy doctor on Nip/Tuck, played by the Aussie actor, is his name Julian McMahon?

Until Pierce Brosnan came along, I was a Roger Moore fan all the way. I liked Connery and think he played the part well, but I was too young when he was Bond. The first 5 Bond movies I saw were Roger Moore. He was Bond to me. I rejected all others (don't get me started on Dalton!) until Pierce (Yummy!) came along. However, I was able to appreciate Connery and Lazenby. Both did a great job. I'm not too crazy about Craig. He's missing that suave, debonaire air I require for a true Bond. And he's blonde! What were they thinking of allowing a blonde to play Bond? Blasphemy!

And he's blonde! What were they thinking of allowing a blonde to play Bond? Blasphemy!

TOO RIGHT,and what next,as it was said before jacky Chan,Ruppert Everett(who wanted do make a gay version of james bond!:D)Weslsey Snipe(would be a cool one though)
Where i desagree with you Beerwhench,is i think Brosnan is far to sweet for James,good looking but missing the rogue touch.

To me Sean Connery was James Bond, he fit the written word, but the new guy Craig, really comes the closest since Connery for the sort of dynamo...'get his man' determination that Bond has.
I never liked Roger Moore as Bond. Now don't get me wrong, I like Roger Moore a lot, but as Simon Templar, or a smoother character than Bond was ever meant to be. For those of you that didn't know Moore played The Saint [Simon Templar] in a television series appropriately called The Saint, Moore was perfect there.

George Lazenby? ennh...I like him, but he wasn't a strong enough Bond, he lacked that cold edge that Connery and now Craig can project.
I like Timothy Dalton as Bond, but I like him in about anything. :)

Sean Connery and Daniel Craig are my quintessential Bonds. I don't mind the blonde hair.

Pont, I remember Roger Moore in The Saint and thought he was better suited as Simon Templar, too. He was too cartoon-like as Bond for my taste.

I barely remember Timothy Dalton in the role.

Never was much of a fan of Connery,(although I liked him in "Highlander"), Moore was ok-if comical, Brosnan-so so, Dalton, never noticed him much. Clive--Blonde?---egads, are they insane?

I think Gerard Butler would make a supreme Bond....

Might I humbly suggest...

Might I humbly suggest myself as the next James Bond (joking guys, joking!). btw, I think that Sean Connery was the best.

Back