• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The pointless Monday thread.

I am having a bit of a nightmare friday - went out with work last night and drank way too much wine - finally staggered into work this morning an hour and a half late and very green around the gills. At least it is a bank holiday weekend :D

Lyra said:
At least it is a bank holiday weekend :D
Amen Sister!

That is one of the things I love about this job. We get 11 (some years more depending on when Christmas and New Year's fall) paid holidays, and 20 vacation/sick/personal days (22 if we don't take off any unexpected/unsheduled time) each year. The pay stinks, but I still feel spoiled! LOL

I can't believe how little holiday you guys in the US get. I get 23 paid days plus all the bank holidays and still think I am hard done by!

Yeah, the U.S sucks for that stuff. We get 20 days STANDARD and it's the law! Also, in the U.S you are lucky if you even GET sick pay! :-O

Regards
SillyWabbit

Oh I know! This is really really good for a US company. One time, I was looking at an international date book and saw how many national holidays other countries have... I was very tempted to move! LOL

But, it's all good. :)

Yeah, and the US system for maternity/paternity leave is way behind most other nations, as well. We're expected not to leave work/need a rest/get sick all year round.

One of the nice things about becoming a teacher...free summers!

Litany said:
It's black, and sitting on my boobies, in red, are three Cylons pointing their guns at all who dare oppose me.

Excellent choice for a friday. You should share your guns more often.

RaVeN

We're supposed to be leaving early today, but then all my best clients came up with things that have to be done today. buggers.

Ashlea said:
We're supposed to be leaving early today, but then all my best clients came up with things that have to be done today. buggers.

I hate when they do that, hope you get it all finished early so you can go home!

Litany said:
No bank holiday for you?

It's F-F-F-Friday!!!
And payday.
And a long weekend.
And my boss is still on holiday.
And I'm wearing my lovely Battlestar Gallactica t-shirt wot I did win.

I'm too cool for school.

:D

hmm.. nope. :( and it's a saturday today! :)

Back