• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Return Of The King **Spoilers**

the only bad thing about the movie was that they didnt show saruman's encouter with gandalf in isengrad where gandalf breaks his staff....but apart from that they did a miracle to depict everything in the book. frodo's journey from shelob's lair to mount doom was quite boring but they made it quite interesting

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but what about the Wormtongue-Saruman unpleasantness. Will that be in the extended DVD?

I believe people like to refer to it as "The Scourge of the Shire" bit at the end. Where Wormtongue kills Saruman then gets arrowed (I think) by the hobbits. Ring any bells? Or am I do for a reread?

Ow, that unpleasant unpleasantness! Well, not to sure about that bit. It's quite a large chunk, so maybe they left it out completely. I'd love to see it, though, so I hope I'm wrong!

Cheers, Martin :D

i have no idea about the dvd but i hope that the unpleasantness(?? that was so nice!saruman dying!) isnt there .
it was a complete anticlimax to the war in the book

I was forced to go see it and I nearly ruined a perfectly good bladder in there. The special effects and all are wonderful, but a) did it really have to have five endings and b) if they didn't want to cut they shouldn't have made it into a movie. I realize they did cut a fair bit, but I still think they didn't cut enough. It was just too long for a movie. A mini series, fine, I could've lived with that, but don't release it as a movie, please!

See, that always happens. Don't people know I'm always right? Don't they know they should agree with me?

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Martin said:
Good song, The White Stripes :p

Anyway, your entitled to your own opinion. Even if it sucks. :)

Cheers, Martin :D

First of all, my opinions don't suck! There's little to no suction involved, if you must know!

And second of all, the White Stripes only covered it.

And I still think it could've been better. (The movie. I won't be judging the song here.)

DVD of the 3rd one is out May 24th! So, do I

a) Buy the theatrical release set of all 3, or

b) Wait for the extended release set, since I know it'll be along in a few months?

Definitely wait for the extended edition! Think of all the extra scenes!! I think it is also due out a bit earlier than the others, maybe August (?). I am desperate to see this film again but I will make myself wait for the extended edition. (If only I had this much willpower when it comes to not eating chocolate. :rolleyes: )

On a related note, saw the article on the front page there on the LOTR musical.

Am . . . worried, I guess is the best word. Can they possibly get it right?

Ashlea said:
On a related note, saw the article on the front page there on the LOTR musical.

Am . . . worried, I guess is the best word. Can they possibly get it right?

I am just plain frightened...there are some things that you just can't sing about. However, it might turn out to be exceedingly amusing...I wonder what Tolkien would think.

VTChEwbecca said:
I am just plain frightened...there are some things that you just can't sing about. However, it might turn out to be exceedingly amusing...I wonder what Tolkien would think.

I think he would turn in his grave. I was completely horrified at the thought! :eek: :mad: :mad:

Three wonderful films have been made. Why not leave it at that? I can't imagine Aragorn breaking into song in the middle of the battle of Helms Deep, when he rallies his troops. :confused: :eek: Or Frodo singing to the ring? :confused: :(

- And what would Smeagol / Gollum sound like? :confused: :(

Hobitten

Back