• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Return Of The King **Spoilers**

Cassandra said:
Exactly Hobitten. i'm glad someone agrees that it's OK to buy loads of LotR. Sides if you get it in May you get a free mug (here anyway) and I can't leave my mug collection incomplete.

Must have a LotR mug, couldn't live without it.... ;)

Just picked the DVDs up at post office.... :D :D :D

Hobitten :cool:

I finally got around to watching the extended DVD of The Return of the King today! I've had it since Christmas, but this weekend we finally managed to synchronise all the family members who wanted to watch it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was great, and it was wonderful to see the "full" version, with all the missing bits back in their rightful place. None of them should have been omitted in the first place, in my opinion. They made the film so much better.

Halo said:
Anyway, it was great, and it was wonderful to see the "full" version, with all the missing bits back in their rightful place. None of them should have been omitted in the first place, in my opinion. They made the film so much better.

I couldn't agree more, Halo.

All in all, I liked the books better than the films. I hated the ending of the Return of the King. It didn't have anything to do with the ending of the books. I would've liked to have seen a film with the part where Saruman takes over the Shire. Oh well. The movies were still good.

I really liked the part with Legolas and the Oliphaunt. Especially when he slides down and Gimili says, "That still only counts as one!" It wouldn't really seem realistic for a human to get up that easily, but Legolas is an forest elf born climbing trees. Climbing that Oliphaunt was probably second nature to him.

As for the part where Sam leaves Frodo, I didn't like it as much. I don't think Sam would desert Frodo like that. Although I did think the trick Gollum used was kind of cool.

Probably my favorite part in the films was in the Two Towers: When they're fighting at Helm's Deep and Gimili and Legolas are having the competition to see who can kill the most orcs. You can hear Gimili counting above all the battle cries and other noises even when the screen isn't even showing him.

I'll come back in about 12 hours. After looking through this thread I've got to watch all the Extended Editions in a row. :D

Back