• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Return Of The King **Spoilers**

hobitten said:
I can't imagine Aragorn breaking into song in the middle of the battle of Helms Deep, when he rallies his troops. :confused: :eek: Or Frodo singing to the ring? :confused: :(

- And what would Smeagol / Gollum sound like? :confused: :(

Hobitten

That's what is so amusing. I also should note, I hate musicals and find breaking into song during any sequence to be weird. Battle scenes are just asking for some singing.

aragorn singing in the middle of the war? not as intimidating a prospect as aragorn and liv tyler running around trees singing songs of eternal love to each other
*shudders*
if they want to add music then put in some of the poems that Tolkien wrote.some of them were brilliant , my favourite being "all that is gold doesnot glitter"
at least that would give him his due

Was just imagining a Gilbert and Sullivan version of LOTR, and started laughing so hard it gave me hiccups.

Ashlea said:
Was just imagining a Gilbert and Sullivan version of LOTR, and started laughing so hard it gave me hiccups.
'I am the very model of a modern Smeagol, or Gollum' was always my favourite song from The Pirates of Middle Earth.

Attempted to make our own battle in music but ended up in hysterics. :p So funny, but would be rubbish in real life.

In relation to which to buy, we bought both of each, can't wait any longer than necessary. :D

OH MY G..D!!

I just got a sizable tax refund!! :D :D :D Hurray!!!

Do you know, what I did?

I placed an order at Amazon.co.uk for the extended versions of The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Two Towers!! :D :D

Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Hobitten

What was that?? Tax REFUND!!!

They actually do those - i just thought it was an Urban Legend or something :D

Phil

If I were you (and I'm not ... I think) I'd wait until they release the huge extended edition box set DVD.

But hey, that's just me.

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin said:
If I were you (and I'm not ... I think) I'd wait until they release the huge extended edition box set DVD.

But hey, that's just me.

What Huge extended edition box set DVD? :confused: :confused:

I did not know they were planning on releasing an even more extended version? :confused:

Hobitten

What Huge extended edition box set DVD?
Well, I'm quite sure there's going to be a box set, containing all three extended edition DVD's, and maybe even extra extra's.

I'm waiting for the 127 disk limited edition DVD with 40021 hours of extra footage and a portal to Middle Earth. Or at the very least, the version that takes three weeks to watch and has a small squeaky Frodo toy. I think it's a bit silly to be buying now when they keep releasing extra versions, and even more silly when there's only the two films in the box sets. Best to wait a bit longer.

I'm waiting for the 127 disk limited edition DVD with 40021 hours of extra footage and a portal to Middle Earth. Or at the very least, the version that takes three weeks to watch and has a small squeaky Frodo toy.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

Prob'ly not.

Well. He does like his special edition box sets, and I do think it's a bit daft to shell out for a two film box set when you know it's a trilogy and you know that you'll have to buy the third one separately. But then, we all know that when the three film box set comes out, everyone will rush out and buy it, only to get all grumpy a week later when the super-duper-extra-special box set comes out with free limited edition elf ears. So I'm just biding my time, that's all.

First off, I agree with you.

Secondly, who was talking about a box set with only the first two films in it?

And finally, you're gonna have to buy something sometime, because this is the kind of film that will be released every so often for the next fifty years. I'm gonna wait a year, and then I'll buy the best thing available.

Cassandra said:
:eek:

Could never wait that long. :D

Me neither. I do not want to wait around for something that might be better, or might come.

If they do send out a 10th, or 50th anniversary Extremely Extended 21 hour long trilogy in a boxed set. I will take it from there.

- oh and, by the way. I will of course buy the Extended version of The Return of the King, when that comes out later in the year...

I am picking them up at the post office today. Which was fast, by the way. I mailed the order on friday morning - and the slip from the postman was in my mail box yesterday (monday), when I came from work...

Hobitten :D :D :D

Exactly Hobitten. i'm glad someone agrees that it's OK to buy loads of LotR. Sides if you get it in May you get a free mug (here anyway) and I can't leave my mug collection incomplete.

Back