• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Strangest Film Ever

What's the Strangest Film You've Ever Seen?

• Freaks

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Glen or Glenda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naked Lunch

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pink Flamingos

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
bobbyburns said:
come to detroit with me sometime, ou be.

How weird!!! You want to go on a date? Why Detroit? I do love Philly Cheese Steaks though...What? I don't understand either...Oh, my girlfriend is a psycho though...some girl gave me a little talk about Buddhism in a book shop and asked if I wanted to come to a lecture on it...I told my girlfriend and she said the girl was "a bitch" and just wants to '**** a foreigner!'...You've been warned.

I thought of another movie! Itchi the Killer! Not only is it strange but it's one of the most violent movies you could ever watch!

SillyWabbit said:
I thought of another movie! Itchi the Killer! Not only is it strange but it's one of the most violent movies you could ever watch!

Ichi the Killer is good. I have it on DVD although I don't think it is a candidate for strange. Miike Takashi's other film The Happiness of the Katakuris is a better candidate in that it is a Japanese The Sound of Music based on an earlier Korean horror movie not too dissimilar to Hitchcock's Psycho.

Oooooo...thought of another, didn't I? Yes, I did.

Have any of youses seenz 'Spirited Away'...It's a very peculiar Japanese cartoon...There's a BIG black thing that eats lots of other things - and not only 'black' other things either. Plus, the kids parents turn into pigs...oink.

Way back when I was in high school it was kind of a rite of passage to go see Eraserhead while under the influence of certain substances :)

It was an old movie theater in the city called The Towne which had midnight showings of movies like that, Rocky Horror, The Song Remains the Same, Up in Smoke, etc. and certain combustables were pretty much permitted in the theater. Alas, those were the good ol days...

Anyways, yeah Eraserhead pretty much messed me up. That and another weird one from Mexico, called El Topo.

watercrystal said:
None of those that you mentioned have i ever seen. but i will start from the Mulholland Dr.

just watched it tonight, followed by waking life. Mulholland Dr. was fantastic, though i should say it was a bit strange at the beginning (not strange in the sense of unbelievable, but in the sense of novel/original).

To be honest, I do think some of those movies' directors just underestimate audience' IQ. Well, I should admit that I like entertaining/silly movies very much as well. anyway, from Mulholland Dr., I could tell that David Lynchi was really good at twisting things and put that conception infront of the audience. (This was the first movie of him that i have seen, however. not knew very much about his other movies.) In this sense, his respect of audience's intelligence wins my appreciation.

anyway, what i was trying to say is that the development of Mulholland Dr. seemed to have fallen out of my guessing realm. I engaged my mind busy for almost 2 and a half hours in figuring it out what would happen next? what would this man do here, why would she appreare in the movie, why would she get so well dressed, anything would happen? what that disabled old man would be planning? etc, etc, etc, etc,................................................................................. Thinking i should watch it again, see if i could come up with something very different.

One of my friend who watched it with me commented that the director should be deserved a good beat. :D :rolleyes: (Do not say anything bad about her. I knew about her more than any one here.)

In a word, I enjoyed its being strangeness and a bit twisted.

Again, my sincere appreciation of your recommendation/or mention about this movie!!

goodnight.

I saw Napoleon Dynamite recently and didn't have a clue what was going on. Maybe it's because I'm British and so didn't get the humour? I just thought it was odd.

Sphere is one of the weirdest movies I've seen, but for some odd reason I am compelled to watch it every time it comes on.
It's about some strange alien...thing in the shape of a sphere that the government found at the bottom of the ocean. They enlisted several people to study it under the sea in this big space station thing(except it wasn't in space it was under the sea). Some of the people who went into the Sphere then had the power to make their thoughts come true; they chose to make thier worst nightmares to come true.
O_O

Strangest Film I've Ever Seen

Irene Wilde said:
Since we have exhausted (for the time being) the subject of Billy Oblivion's wardrobe, here's something new to argue about.

What's the strangest film you've ever seen? If yours isn't one of the selections, please provide us with a title and description.

Irene Wilde

Many years ago, on a college campus, a film called EraserHead. It was beyond strange and very disturbing, like watching a psychotic episode happen. Don't know WHY I didn't just leave- the car wreck phenomenon maybe? (you can't Not look) When it was over a male college student there said loudly, "Thank God that's over!" I throughly agreed. :eek:

Ou Be Low hoo said:
Never ever ever watch Jacob's Ladder under the influence of marijuana. It's bad.

OH MY GOD! You poor man! Please don't EVER watch EraserHead then, with marijuana or without! :eek: :eek:

bobbyburns said:
I own it. I think it's great, but that's just my opinion, so it doesn't mean anything.

Of COURSE your opinion means something! Silly! But please, please tell me why you think it's so great? I need to know this... (shuddering uncontrollably)....(hoping not to start having those flashbacks again!!) lol

eraserhead is sort of like a dream. it could mean something important, but that's not what draws me into it. it's that state of mind. it's like sleeping, only it's someone else's dream. I guess if you're not interested in all that, then what I'm telling you is meaningless. but dreams and nightmares, to me, are the coolest things in the world.

Back