• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Thank You Thread

Geenh said:
Husbands sure are funny! I love the snoring bit! Mine would be he who claims he wasn't sleeping even though his snoring was what was keeping me from sleeping...

Are you trying to tell me my husband's a bigamist? ;) I sympathize entirely with you for that.

Seemings as this is the thank you thread, I would like to thank my hubby for so frequently fending off the children & giving me chance to read. Just hope that no one tells him I've said thanks, or he'll get so big headed I'll never hear the end of it! lol

I thank Litany for her reappearing on this forum occasionally,
I thank Ell for giving me the chance to let me know her,
I thank Novella for sharing her opinions about books by using her well-developed writting style,(due to lack of enough vocabulary, I failed to choose more appropriate words. the feeling was right though.)

I thank Stewart for being the person as who he is to sustain my curiosity,
I thank bobbyburns for his kindness to share his zen thoughts about humanbeing and others things.

I thank those who give me the opportunity to talk with them for sharing their thoughts with me...

Thanks motokid for opening this thread, thanks Darren for this great forum,and Martin for bringing joviality to the forum... and all that...

Have a nice time! :)

Jenn said:
phil and ice, her love overcomes his love for his own ass

You have to understand though, its a really close run thing! :D

I would like to say thank you to the people that make Jaffa Cakes and Jammie Dodgers!! Oh, and Ice too, yeah her :)

Phil

I would like to thank someone for my superior intellect, my godlike body and my sense of self-irony.

Well you know, I didn't have anything to do last week so I thought "world peace..? why not?"

well when you are done with world peace will you come fix my dryer?

i would like to thank my husband for foisting the kids off on unsuspecting neighbours over the past 2 days so that i could be sick in peace. and who was the scientist who discovered the healing properties of mold? shout out to that guy, feeling much better due to that little "accident"

If you are not experiencing world peace yet, then you are all obviously completly ignorant. All of you. No offence. Don't really have time for the dryer Jenn, just got my new mirror today, now I can look at all of me at one time.

my world at this moment is very small and peaceful but probably has nothing to do with you, i have turned on the tv and fed the kids fruit loops out of the box. it is a short lived peace as soon the sugar will kick in and their brains will become restless with the lack of original thought, but by that time my drugs will have kicked in and i will be oblivious to their maniacal behaviour.

i would like to thank whoever introduced coffee to north america.

I would like to thank whoever came up with, or included, and enabled the
"Currently Active Users" link. I'm fascinated with being able to see who's looking at what, how many guests there are, and what they are viewing.

I'm actually pretty amazed at the number of guests, and wonder why they don't just become members since it's not a matter of money?

Why don't one of you guests become a member, and tell me why you hesitate to be a member?

I've read some interesting threads that otherwise I might not have viewed thanks to clicking on a thread that somebody else is viewing.

Nice little service. Thank you.

Motokid said:
I'm actually pretty amazed at the number of guests, and wonder why they don't just become members since it's not a matter of money?

Some of the guests are already members. If you read posts without logging in, you appear as a guest

ehhh, probably true. I'm always logged in. Guess that's one possible answer.

I was kinda hopin to boost membership by instigating a reply from a non-member....shhhhhh....

jenngorham said:
okay obviously i'd like to thank the academy. and then in no particular order:
moto, for always being entertaining, for being the person most likely to say, "why yes, a polar dip sounds like fun".
hay, although a bit big headed with his greek god status( do i ever rue the day...) but still a dane, we're practically family
direstraits, the best dressed banana, i'm sure he's smashing with the ladies
kookamoor, my aussie/canuck
sanyuja, the least nicest person i know, in the best possible way
ritalinkid, music man with impeccable taste
lenny nero, the only person i would want to make it to the final 2 with
novella, she understands about stained clothing and doesn't judge me for it
halo, a class act
phil and ice, her love overcomes his love for his own ass
wabbit, he admits he likes kelly clarkson, and, it's ok
jenem, my west coast doppelhangar
stewart, i endeavor to be a better speller
mr.michel, the beautiful eye
irene, we've only just met, but i find you highly enjoyable
cajunmama, if i ever hit your part of the globe, put on the coffee pot
rainbowgurl, a sweetie with kick
martin, that shit's banana's.....B-A-N-A-N-A-S...i was drunk when i wrote that
thank you all. you all make this forum an interesting place to have a cup of coffee.

now if i've pulled a hilary swank and forgotten someone, promptly alert me and i will sing your praises. you all make this place a riot.
Well!! I know I've been away for a bit, but really!!!

Do I see my name there? NO. And here I thought we had some canuck bonding going on.

I'm truly disappointed. *walks away, shaking head*

oh ell!!!!! it's true i haven't heard from you in a while. oh apologies, eh!! i'm a big hoser. lol

ok. thanks to ell for being a true northern soul, even thought her part of canada gets spring LONG before mine, i do not begrudge her this, as she exihibits the canadian spirit of "can't we all just get along and have a kitchen party". and her avatar is beautiful.

cat fight. martin really, is that all men think about is women scrapping?

And me, slaving away in the dungeon to keep the lights on and the wine flowing. Not a mention :p

i would to thank martin for admitting that men are deluded and disturbed and have a warped vision of women.

Back