• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Therapy Thread

StillILearn said:
Whoa! I just did, and he's a cutie. I think novella should have his children.

Oh hush it's smoke and mirrors, the myspace effect the modern push up bra ;)

I assure you I’m not but yes novella have my children I hope I can afford their therapy bill.

Ronny said:
Yes I didn't know either until I saw his picture in the pics thread

My masculine personality doesn’t shine through in my posts? <\3 :D

Ms. said:
My masculine personality doesn’t shine through in my posts? <\3 :D

Actually I think you snuck up on me while I was in my pouty, sulking, not looking mode and I came across your pic and posts about the same time :)

Hi Doc. We have an appointment.

Really, Novella? I don't have you in my book.

That receptionist of yours is terrible. You should get rid of her. I told her specifically "Put me down for later, like sixish or so," and she was like "How about next Wednesday." I mean, with service like that, you're going to lose all your customers.

I think we should restrict our visits to twice a week, Novella. You're behind on your payments.

No worries, doc. I joined a poetry class. It's helping me to organize my feelings into sections, and I'll be rolling in dough soon. Poets get an office in the White House and a free pair of Hush Puppies automatically. It's cake.

I'm not sure it's that easy, novella.

No, it's totally cake. Look, here's my best poem so far:

Poem for a Stalker

You stalk me, I’ll stalk you back
I’ll make you have a heart attack,
Lying down and groaning loud
All around you there’s a crowd
“Let him suffer,” I will say,
"He was beastly anyway."
You’ll be gasping for a breath
Wondering if this is really death,
And I’ll be happy as a clam--
But that’s just me, it’s who I am.

I'm going to kick butt in poetry, doc.

StillILearn said:
sporks.gif

Nice drawing! :D :D :D

N: No, doc. It's my portable spork. I have to say, all this talk about cutlery is making me itch. I think I'm headed toward a relapse.

DS: Take a deep breath, novella.

(n. lies down on floor, breathes in and out)

N: I can't get my grandmother's silverware out of my mind. There are these huge forks for serving meat, like pitchforks, except they're very ornate. Hefty in the hand, with long tines.

DS: Yes, go on.

N: Using a spork makes me feel inadequate. I feel like everyone is laughing on the inside when I take the spork out of my bag.

Innocent Bystander: Uh, while you're down there, would you mind looking around for some apostrophe's? I seem to have misplaced some of mine.

N: Well, there's lots of crap on the floor in here, but it's hard to tell the apostrophes from the commas and the single quotes when they're strewn all over the joint like this. Doc, you really have quite a stash of interesting junk under the sofa.

DS: Most patients don't spend time looking under there, novella. Would you like to take a seat?

N: Look, here's a dogcollar. I didn't know you had a dog, doc. Aw, cute. It says Sir Myk on it. Must be a big dog.

DS: Put that back, please. Now, where were we? . . .

N: Wow, apricot massage oil. Nice. And what's this? A Princess Diana scrapbook! You're an animal, doc.

StillILearn said:
You too? They said it was only me.

They didn't offer to help you take over the world did they? Then we may have an issue, unless you are willing to do split custody, I guess I could use a break now and then.

N: Hi Doc. Boy, I had trouble tracking you down.

DS: Novella, what are you doing here?

N: Your receptionist said you were at lunch, and I figured you for an upscale ethnic type. It only took me four restaurants to find you. What’s that, a margarita?

DS: This is truly outside the boundaries of professionalism, novella.

N: Hey, no worries. I’ll have one, too. Waiter, lemme have a large marg on the rocks? Gracias. . . . I’ll just sit over here, doc. You go ahead and eat.

DS: I mean it’s outside the limits of our professional relationship for you to track me down like this. It’s a breach of trust, novella.

N: Oh, yeah, that reminds me. I’m here for a really good reason actually. I want to have a relationship.

DS: With me!? I think that’s highly inappropriate.

N: NO! Not with you, ya big magoo. With someone young and attractive and rich. I need some hints on how to get the thing off the ground. Not just sex. You know, I can already do that. I need some pointers on the relationship part.

DS: I’m not old. Do you think I’m old? Is my hair is too thin on the top? I think it may be aging me. Maybe I should look at weaves. It puts ten years on, they say.

N: Weaves are lame, doc. The Donald, okay? That’s all I’m saying.

Ronny said:
They didn't offer to help you take over the world did they? Then we may have an issue, unless you are willing to do split custody, I guess I could use a break now and then.

We could do alternate weeks and share the holidays. You can can Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween, Passover, the 4th of July, Hannukah, and New Year's Eve. I'll take Thanksgiving.

Did they offer you money?

Innocent Bystander: The Donald? The Donald? I've never actually heard his side of the story. I've heard Marla's and Ivana's, but I've never heard The Donald's side. Does he go to Dr S too? What's the scoop?

StillILearn said:
We could do alternate weeks and share the holidays. You can can Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween, Passover, the 4th of July, Hannukah, and New Year's Eve. I'll take Thanksgiving.

Did they offer you money?

I dunno, just Thanksgiving? how about Christmas & the 4th, too?

No money, but lots of chocolate & coffee:)

You're crazy. Ever since I've been coming here, I noticed that you are a bad role model and have bad taste in furniture. Get away from brown, that's my advice. And I hate when my thighs stick to that leather couch. Did you ever smell that couch up close? You should.

I have an important issue to get off my head. I hate jokes. I hate those stupid punchline types of jokes. First of all, I can never remember them, and second of all, they are lame. I wish I had a small wristwatch-style groan module that I could turn on when a joke is over.

Back