• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Therapy Thread

Flowerdk4 said:
Know what you mean, Peder! :D

Maybe they have all received those happy pills and gone all zombie??!!

Zombies, nocturnal neck wounds. What do you think could be happening? Is it some kind of an Anne Rice bleed-through into another dimension?
Walk-ins? Somebody told me that a lot of the people around us are walk-ins.
It may have been Whitley Strieber.

"DOC, HI, IT'S ME NOVELLA. I'M GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE. I WANTED YOU TO KNOW. I'M ON THE ESCALATOR AT MACY'S AND I'M GOING TO LET IT SUCK ME IN AT THE TOP. I'M SERIOUS. I CAN'T GO ON. I'M GOING TO GET SUCKED UNDER THE FOURTH FLOOR MENSWEAR. DON'T TRY TO STOP ME . . . "

silence . . . .

"ugh. Shit! It doesn't work if you have platform shoes. . . Can I stop by for a session, doc? I have to think of Plan B."

Hi Doc. You’re not busy are you?

Well, novella, I was just leaving.

C’mon, give me ten. I just took a cab all the way from midtown.

Well, if you must. Sit down.

Yay. Think I’ll lie down today. Phew, I’m beat.

What’s the problem, novella?

Well, that’s something I figured out, doc. My problem is I care too much. All day long I’m walking around caring. That’s a syndrome, right? The Girl Who Cared Too Much. That’s my life story.

Well, yes, empathy can be painful. What exactly has been bothering you?

Hmmm. Toughie. The way things smell, mostly. Seems like one minute everything smells like pee, then you get whapped in the face by body odor or bus gas. Or some kind of gross food smell you don’t want in your nose. Bad hot dogs. I mean, this guy on the elevator before had this disgusting falafel thing right in my face. You’re right. It’s very painful.

Novella, you’re wasting my time. I have tickets to the opera.

You know, doc, the word BUFFOON comes from the opera. That’s no coincidence. Think about it.

Ms. said:
How can i be subtle about this?

Novella,you'll have my children

This is way, way too subtle for a g'ma who who doesn't watch tv, Ms. I'm thinking it's maybe the highest form of praise available? (One the other hand, it could be a threat.)

What does "you will have my children" mean, coming as it does from a person of the same gender?

Ronny said:
I don't think he is of the same gender of Novella or yourself ;)

Ahhhhh ... It was the Ms that did it. (Probably stands for manuscript.) Thank you, Ronny!

It was a declaration of love?

Yes I didn't know either until I saw his picture in the pics thread :D

I think it was a declaration of love and it is the right time of year for it:)

Whoa! I just did, and he's a cutie. I think novella should have his children.

Edit:

Oh, his avatar! I went and looked at his picture.

Edit:

Oh, that's a robot.

I live in this other world.

Anything special going on in "your world" it might help the therapy process along if you describe it to us :)

N: Hi Doc. Your fly is open.

DS: Um, er, Novella. Do we have a session today?

N: Yeah, sure. I made it under a different name though. Gloria Mundi. That’s my pseudonym for my new book.

DS: Novella, you really should use your real name for therapy. That way I know who will be here. So, you’ve written a book?

N: Well, I sort of wrote it. You know. I had it packaged. It’s about this really beautiful hot girl whose movements are obsessively tracked by her obsessive criminal father. The subplot is about these very expensive accessories that are made in the third world by people who have no manicures.

DS: Interesting. Is this connected with your own life in anyway?

N: Well, I do have a tracking device implanted behind my ear. My father had it put there when I was in rehab.

DS: Oh. I had no idea you were in rehab. Tell me about that.

N: It was for forking. That’s like cutting, but you use a fork instead of a blade. You just stab the fork into your leg or whatever. Just thinking about it now makes me feel kind of spacey. I’m all recovered, though. But I only use sporks, just to be cautious.

sporks.gif

Back