• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Therapy Thread

StillILearn said:
NotTheDoctor's not the doctor?
We don't speak of his name here on BAR/TBF. He whose name shall not be spoken is not the doctor. Dr. Smirky is the doctor.

N: Hi doc. Did you lose something?

DS: Er, uh, hullo novella. Yes, I dropped, um, my pill.

N: Oh, is this it? (picks up a small white pill) Finders keepers. (gulps pill down) Ha ha.

DS: WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

N: I can’t explain every little thing, doc. Relax. What kind of pill was it?

DS: Never mind. Where’ve you been? You missed two appointments. I’ll have to charge you for those, you know. Policy.

N: Rules are meant to be broken doc. But, okay, you’ll get your dough. I was on a little junket. Business and pleasure, you know.

DS: Hmmm, yes, go on . . .

N: Argentina. That’s Spanish for moneyland, okay? It’s a long story. Wow, I think that pill is starting to kick in. Do you have a nice single-malt whiskey?

Doc, don't be a perv. That's why I hate coming here. It's like perv times two. You oughta get your people in line. You're the boss.

Okay, so I had an incident. My dog got out and then he decided--okay this is weird--he didn't run away. He just acted like a wimp, smelling stuff and looking guilty. I don't know . . . I know I'm paying for, like, MY headcase and shit, but I would really like to focus on the dog. I just love that fuckin fur-mess. I want to get this all figured out. Don't leave me hanging with some excuse.

Novella, I think you have some issues we need to work out. Let us focus on the "dog". Subconsciously, you know this animal is not a dog, right? Only a man on all fours, with hair glued and taped to his body?. That choke leash seems to be eating at his neck quite a bit. And what have you been feeding him? His breath smells like moldy fruit.

Didn't Sigmund Freud say something like "if it looks like a dog and walks like a dog and smells like a dog, it IS a dog"? Are you a Freudian? The part about Siggy that I like is that he seems to really appreciate weirdness. I mean, he started a BUSINESS where he could get the weirdest people on earth into his living room to have a chat AND get them to pay for it. That's pretty cool.

Back